+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Next two weeks will show us what ambition this club has.

Anyone given thought to these missing supporters being of old age?

Not long ago we had a fan on here in his 70's who posted to say he'd had enough and age was part of the factor for his decision. Hr then very generously gave his own and his wife's S/T's up to a poster on her. Well done that man. He didn't even want to claim part revenue back from the club for not attending.

Regardless of who decides to pack it in, it's their choice and no one else'. Their empty seats are still paid for so the club ain't missing their revenue this season and come the next one, they'll be seats of two or more that can be taken up by the 'drifting' fans who moan they can't sit together.

I know of a few people who have been struggling to get to and from games, midweek ones in particular, due to the erratic nature of the bus timetables at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Anyone given thought to these missing supporters being of old age?

Not long ago we had a fan on here in his 70's who posted to say he'd had enough and age was part of the factor for his decision. Hr then very generously gave his own and his wife's S/T's up to a poster on her. Well done that man. He didn't even want to claim part revenue back from the club for not attending.

Regardless of who decides to pack it in, it's their choice and no one else'. Their empty seats are still paid for so the club ain't missing their revenue this season and come the next one, they'll be seats of two or more that can be taken up by the 'drifting' fans who moan they can't sit together.
    Funnily enough most of the season ticket holders round me who have stopped coming are in their 40s or younger.
    Us old 'uns (I'm 75) are sticking it out and have done for decades 🙂.
    I really think the club will struggle to attract and retain the next generation of supporters unless there is radical change.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Funnily enough most of the season ticket holders round me who have stopped coming are in their 40s or younger.
    Us old 'uns (I'm 75) are sticking it out and have done for decades ��.
    I really think the club will struggle to attract and retain the next generation of supporters unless there is radical change.
    Agree with junior

4/5 k came from nowhere when we’ve moved back to Roth . Surprised they’ve lasted this long tbh . Up the older ones 💪.

Well I’m in my 50s so not sure what category I’m in although I can’t go through the night without the toilet so I’ll chuck myself in mellows old uns group.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Well I’m in my 50s so not sure what category I’m in although I can’t go through the night without the toilet so I’ll chuck myself in mellows old uns group.
    I’m 52 and can remember the really dark days after Johnson and millers 05, if our fans are packing up after a poor season which
    isn’t finished yet btw, then we don’t need em .

Quote Originally Posted by MillersJ81 View Post
    I’m 52 and can remember the really dark days after Johnson and millers 05, if our fans are packing up after a poor season which
    isn’t finished yet btw, then we don’t need em .
    I understand that sentiment J81 but the club does need them or at least to find a way of replacing them or a decline will set in and then what?
    As you mentioned earlier there was a significant increase in attendance levels when we first moved into NYS. If I remember correctly it was reported that our average crowd had gone up by 127% which was the largest increase anywhere in Europe.
    If you think about it a lot of those "newbies: will only have ever experienced the relatively successful times since we've been at NYS and are probably becoming disillusioned now things are getting tough.
    Some football fans are fickle like that after all.

Quote Originally Posted by leedsmiller View Post
    Agree with junior
    Thank you 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Behave. You're just a middle aged happy clapper 🙂

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast