+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jones to Swansea?

Why all the abuse, it's a fair topic of discussion. JJ could cut it at championship level , a very versatile player and LW was a fan of his. I hope he doesn't go but if the price was right then so be it. 500K would be a fair price but 750K would be better.

It's obvious that JJ could and perhaps should be playing at a higher level. He's a cut above L2. He'd be a good player in L1. I have no idea about the Championship to be honest, but I assume it's a massive step up from L1. Either way, we're lucky to have him, and now that his injuries seem to be behind him (fingers crossed), we should expect interest from higher up the pyramid.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Why all the abuse, it's a fair topic of discussion. JJ could cut it at championship level , a very versatile player and LW was a fan of his. I hope he doesn't go but if the price was right then so be it. 500K would be a fair price but 750K would be better.
    It’s the **** stirring. It’s not the fact that he’s touting JJ for transfer, it’s by whom. The opportunity to sit back and watch folk mud sling at LW. Thankfully, it’s Jonny, who folk take with a pinch of salt.

I love Jones as much as the next man, but Williams isn’t going to change his system and… as a wing back in the Championship? Have you lost your minds?

Jones was never a wing back until Notts, he was left wing at Coventry

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    I love Jones as much as the next man, but Williams isn’t going to change his system and… as a wing back in the Championship? Have you lost your minds?
    I agree - he's as bad at defending crosses as he is great at swinging them in.

Does anyone have access to the data to show crossed blocked / allowed by Nemane and Jones? Would be interesting to see the stats. I never feel confident that they'll stop the cross when they're squared up.

Can't even get the number of assists correct...

I was expecting this moronic post sooner than now from someone

Moronic? I think it a fair punt. I'd think Jones is more likely to be Championship worthy than any other current Notts player. Remember Lund was a great striker in what is now the Premiership but he was as slow as a cart horse. Would have played for England if he had got that bit of pace IMHO.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast