+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you sign Morrison

Wouldn”t say wood held anyone back,it was again the flip flopping between league one and championship which I think stifled those more.like a few others have succumbed too in past.i had hoped the likes of cooper and hull would have played along side wood and he could have taught them the dark arts etc…but that never happened.

Having a player of Morrisons class at the heart of our defence in L1 would be excellent, however you carry a risk as he has had a very serious injury and that could take a few years of his playing career. Obviously his wages are the big blocker as well as does he ever see himself slipping down the leagues, some players decide to stop when that time comes. I wouldn't keep other senior pros in the defence, it is one only for me.

Of late he's played very well indeed but this won't continue forever. Yes he's excellent on his day but it's not a risk I would be willing to gamble on next season.

How many weeks has he missed this season alone? His body ages every day/game and it will eventually take its toll. He will want a big wage no matter what League we are in and I for one wouldn't gamble that money on him. I would be looking for a younger player to be brought in who could be developed under good coaching.

Doesn't matter what league we are in, you need 3 or 4 experienced players in the team, Morrison fits the bill,now he is playing well,but there's no point in having old heads if ther bodies are past it.
    We've had a ridiculous amount of injuries to CB's this season, is some of this down to their age ?
    So given that we have 2 younger,decent centre backs coming back, give him another year get rid of Hall,and replace him with someone younger.

Thing is if he did sign again and then had some injuries how many people would be saying why did we give him another deal..?..abit like people were saying earlier this season..

For me it has to depend on who we keep.
    Blackett, odoffin, Morrison and Humphrey would make a cracking set of lg1 Centre Backs, plus it would allow us to play odoffin further forward of all 3 were fit. There's also mccart who will have 12 month experience of lg1 to make 5 CB.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    If Morrison playes like he has been for the next 19 games. Regardless of the league we're in. Who would offer him a new contract in the summer?
    NO NO NO NO NO…..In fact, NO.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    For me it has to depend on who we keep.
    Blackett, odoffin, Morrison and Humphrey would make a cracking set of lg1 Centre Backs, plus it would allow us to play odoffin further forward of all 3 were fit. There's also mccart who will have 12 month experience of lg1 to make 5 CB.
    Indeed. Could use a back 3 system and have spare players to cover that way too, as its obvious we don't have any real talent out wide in any position.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes good player, good leader, no doubt about that. I just think we held onto him too long
    Yeah, the last 6 games of last season, it must have really hurt you and taylor having to play him and save our season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I would give Morrison a 1 year pay-when-you-play contract in league one, he's
    slow admitted, but with Humphreys at his side, he would make up for Morrison's
    lapse in movement.
    Similar to when we had slow coach Broadfoot, playing alongside Rawson, it worked.
    This idiotic misguided notion (no offence) that other players can make up for someone else’s lack of movement is laughable.
    Opposition can easily play on one mobility weakness.

Who covers for the player covering for the player covering Morrision….?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast