+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How long can we keep Wilson Odobert?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Benny is someone who could help Leeds return to the PL, I wouldn't take a penny less than £10 million.
    Seriously mon ami? I was thinking £10 million plus a £5 million surcharge because they are from Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Seriously mon ami? I was thinking £10 million plus a £5 million surcharge because they are from Yorkshire.
    I have no argument with that mon ami, every club we tried to deal with last summer played hardball with us, now the boot is on the other foot so to speak, in this case Manny's left foot, which could take them into the PL, so hardball it is, besides they should have the Gnonto money from Chelsea to play with as well.

I have no argument with that mon ami, every club we tried to deal with last summer played hardball with us, now the boot is on the other foot so to speak, in this case Manny's left foot, which could take them into the PL, so hardball it is, besides they should have the Gnonto money from Chelsea to play with as well.
    Gnonto is off to West Ham I think.

I don't know how accurate this site is but they put Benson at 6m euros having peaked at 7m.
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bens...spieler/322702

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Gnonto is off to West Ham I think.
    Sorry mon ami, my bad, with all the Maatsen and Fofana talk, every time I see a transfer rumour involving a London club I just automatically think Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    I don't know how accurate this site is but they put Benson at 6m euros having peaked at 7m.
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bens...spieler/322702
    That site does seem to be taken seriously for putting a valuation on players, but I've found it way off regarding the actual fees when a transfer occurs. My valuation of Benson at £10 million was taking their valuation of 6m euros, converting it to 5 million pounds and doubling it.

That site does seem to be taken seriously for putting a valuation on players, but I've found it way off regarding the actual fees when a transfer occurs. My valuation of Benson at £10 million was taking their valuation of 6m euros, converting it to 5 million pounds and doubling it.
    Surely gentlemen the impact Benson had last year makes it worth us holding on - I mean if we are definitely going down as many say , why throw away an impact player who scored 15!goals Approx for us and let Leeds or Southampton have him.

I’d rather keep him and let one of the others go that’s not getting a look in

There does seem to be a barrier between some of the player s and VK - starting to wander what the issues are.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Surely gentlemen the impact Benson had last year makes it worth us holding on - I mean if we are definitely going down as many say , why throw away an impact player who scored 15!goals Approx for us and let Leeds or Southampton have him.

I’d rather keep him and let one of the others go that’s not getting a look in

There does seem to be a barrier between some of the player s and VK - starting to wander what the issues are.
    If you were an integral part of the team that got us promoted to the PL then watched how you were benched in favour of newcomers who have underperformed in many cases, would you want to stay?
    Benson was a Clarets hero-it was his worldy that sealed promotion at Ewood.Then he finds himself on the bench with no game time-even as a substitute.What did Koleocsho or Bruun Larsen actually achieve that warranted leaving Benson on the bench without a look in?
    No wonder he wants away.VK sure knows how to disenfranchise people.
    Of all last seasons heros, who is actually starting for VK in the PL?
    Beyer, Vitinho(god knows why), Brownhill and sometimes JBG.All the rest have been either sold or discarded for the new boys.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 19-01-2024 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    If you were an integral part of the team that got us promoted to the PL then watched how you were benched in favour of newcomers who have underperformed in many cases, would you want to stay?
    Benson was a Clarets hero-it was his worldy that sealed promotion at Ewood.Then he finds himself on the bench with no game time-even as a substitute.What did Koleocsho or Bruun Larsen actually achieve that warranted leaving Benson on the bench without a look in?
    No wonder he wants away.VK sure knows how to disenfranchise people.
    Of all last seasons heros, who is actually starting for VK in the PL?
    Beyer, Vitinho(god knows why), Brownhill and sometimes JBG.All the rest have been either sold or discarded for the new boys.
    I agree to a point CIB but it’s a double edged sword isn’t it , I watch live every game ( home now ) dads to old to travel.

But Benson started against Villa and flat refused to track back or give full back any help whatsoever and we got murdered down both flanks and tbh as good a player as he is - he’s injury prone A lot.

I have a friend at the turf and he tells me Zaroury is always lifting the lead and not arriving - not applying himself ( true or not who knows ).
    Maatsen gone ( didn’t want to come )
    Barnes gone ( twilight years )
    Harwood bellis gone ( city didn’t want to sell )
    Tella Gone ( Southampton obviously caused a stink ).
    Muric - dropped

Cork didn’t have the legs last time at this level
    Rodriguez didn’t either.

Muric muckied his ticket with VK

Robert’s - bad attitude when sent off arguing with VK

So to be fair we had to buy players ( we may have got it wrong of course - which players )

So Taylor plays
    Robert’s plays
    Beyer plays
    Cullen plays
    JBG plays
    Foster plays
    Brownhill plays
    Rodriguez plays

So if you add to the above typical starters - squad players with those that aren’t here or aren’t selected it’s not that different ( by choice anyway ).

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I agree to a point CIB but it’s a double edged sword isn’t it , I watch live every game ( home now ) dads to old to travel.

But Benson started against Villa and flat refused to track back or give full back any help whatsoever and we got murdered down both flanks and tbh as good a player as he is - he’s injury prone A lot.

I have a friend at the turf and he tells me Zaroury is always lifting the lead and not arriving - not applying himself ( true or not who knows ).
    Maatsen gone ( didn’t want to come )
    Barnes gone ( twilight years )
    Harwood bellis gone ( city didn’t want to sell )
    Tella Gone ( Southampton obviously caused a stink ).
    Muric - dropped

Cork didn’t have the legs last time at this level
    Rodriguez didn’t either.

Muric muckied his ticket with VK

Robert’s - bad attitude when sent off arguing with VK

So to be fair we had to buy players ( we may have got it wrong of course - which players )

So Taylor plays
    Robert’s plays
    Beyer plays
    Cullen plays
    JBG plays
    Foster plays
    Brownhill plays
    Rodriguez plays

So if you add to the above typical starters - squad players with those that aren’t here or aren’t selected it’s not that different ( by choice anyway ).
    Yes I understand your point Army but what have the new boys added?-that was my question.There is only one player who stands out and that is Odabert.
    Weeds and the Saints are heading back to the PL in my opinion and they both want Benson so he cant be that bad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)