+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Have they gone rogue ?

Have they gone rogue ?

It gets more bizarre by the game, the rewriting of the rules on Friday night that now makes it acceptable to deliberately take out a goalkeeper, was just the precursor to the weekend's usual officiating fiasco.

Dougla Luiz pulled Branthwaite back by the shirt right on the edge of the penalty area, a free-kick but no yellow card, which leaves me wondering yet again why Berge's innocuous little shirt pull in midfield resulted in a second yellow and a sending off for him. A cracking ball and man tackle by Tarkowski resulted in a yellow for him, Wan Bissaka suffered a similar for fate for a perfectly fair and well judged tackle against Spurs. Up in the North East, Rodri blatantly threw/dragged Anthony Gordon off the pitch, almost into the front row of the stand, Pep was so horrified by what he saw he put his head in his hands, clearly expecting at least a yellow, Mr Kavanagh didn't even give a free-kick.

It really is bizarre, the officials seem out of control, they appear to have chucked the rule book, the Laws of the Game out the window and are refereeing on a whim. Have they gone rogue ?

They don't know what they are doing mon ami.

They need a "Back to Basics" re-education programme.

They really do.

It baffles me how pundits make more common sense decisions in a much quicker time than the VAR people.

There must be total chaos behind the scenes at the PGMOL. It's as though they've all been on a training course and got completely tied in knots over the rules.

It a clown show in the richest football league in the world. We will get relegated more than likely by VAR and decisions than football. As bad as we are how many points have we lost in the first half of the season to decision that are really unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    It a clown show in the richest football league in the world. We will get relegated more than likely by VAR and decisions than football. As bad as we are how many points have we lost in the first half of the season to decision that are really unbelievable.
    I reckon EIGHT points have been stolen from us already.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It gets more bizarre by the game, the rewriting of the rules on Friday night that now makes it acceptable to deliberately take out a goalkeeper, was just the precursor to the weekend's usual officiating fiasco.

Dougla Luiz pulled Branthwaite back by the shirt right on the edge of the penalty area, a free-kick but no yellow card, which leaves me wondering yet again why Berge's innocuous little shirt pull in midfield resulted in a second yellow and a sending off for him. A cracking ball and man tackle by Tarkowski resulted in a yellow for him, Wan Bissaka suffered a similar for fate for a perfectly fair and well judged tackle against Spurs. Up in the North East, Rodri blatantly threw/dragged Anthony Gordon off the pitch, almost into the front row of the stand, Pep was so horrified by what he saw he put his head in his hands, clearly expecting at least a yellow, Mr Kavanagh didn't even give a free-kick.

It really is bizarre, the officials seem out of control, they appear to have chucked the rule book, the Laws of the Game out the window and are refereeing on a whim. Have they gone rogue ?
    The saddest thing for me Sinkov is that nothing and I mean nothing is getting done about it - we all debate and berate and kick off and next game they’ll be at it again with no connotations at all- they have created a monster and put people in charge of it who are like ticks Ona dog burrowing themselves into a little comfortable number without repercussions for mistakes.

Who is actually going to make the stand because imo this has gone too far now - I’m not bias in any way and I watched on Friday from my seat directly behind the incident and I said the striker played the man ( keeper ) it was so obvious that I thought he’ll just disallow it and we’ll play on from a free kick.

When I got home I watched and watched and watched again and the pantomime that is SKY says 50-50 for and against - shay given of all people says it’s fine a keeper by trade - Jamie o hara says it’s a joke ( blatant foul on keeper) dermot Gallagher says in his opinion it’s a foul no brainier Adebeyo looks at him pushes is hips into him and stops keepers momentum to the ball - Lee Hendrie says it’s fine and Traffords at fault.

Above is the issue of Var / referee intervention several opinions about the same incident but if they can’t get it right watching a game in a room with 20 ’cameras and angles when I saw it with my own eyes live and knew it was a foul - the system is flawed and they need to drop the terminology clear and obvious and just stick to offside and goal line technology leave the rest alone before you ruin football for everyone.

So many people sat around me can’t wait to go play in the championship because no Var - that is a sad reflection of where we are in football today.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)