+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just 1 Past Player

Assuming it’s players that you have seen play then for me it has to be Donald Masson.
    If you’re allowed to add a choice of one from long ago I would say Albert Iremonger. He sounds a great character and would surely improve on our current goalkeeping standard. 😀

Raddy ! As I think he would sort out those in front of him aswell as saving us enough points to make the difference between play offs and automatic..

The best player I've seen at Notts in over 60 years of watching is Don Masson but we arn't desperate for attacking players so i'd take Brian Stubbs or a keeper any of Raddy , Darren Ward or Kasper

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post
    The best player I've seen at Notts in over 60 years of watching is Don Masson but we arn't desperate for attacking players so i'd take Brian Stubbs or a keeper any of Raddy , Darren Ward or Kasper
    Brian Stubbs would show them all how to tackle. I can remember him so often being the last defender and timing a tackle to perfection.

It's Tony Hately for me, what a player.

Quote Originally Posted by applepie2 View Post
    Brian Stubbs would show them all how to tackle. I can remember him so often being the last defender and timing a tackle to perfection.
    I think tackling is a big weakness in the current team and one of the reasons we struggle defensively. If you're talking about a player who would best address our current need rather than just listing all-time greats, a 'pitbull' Paul Harding-type would certainly give the defence more protection. He could win the ball and pass it simply to other, more skillful and creative team mates like Bostock and Crowley, and that's what we need. Scott Robertson may yet answer that call, but by most accounts he had a tough/anonymous first game.

Don Masson for me, he would still fit our system well despite the 40+ year gap. Great first touch and the ability to pick a killer pass in an instant. He wouldn't directly solve our defensive frailties, but he wouldn't need to because we would score even more.

Pedro Richards, He would sweep up any loose balls in or around the box..

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I think tackling is a big weakness in the current team and one of the reasons we struggle defensively. If you're talking about a player who would best address our current need rather than just listing all-time greats, a 'pitbull' Paul Harding-type would certainly give the defence more protection. He could win the ball and pass it simply to other, more skillful and creative team mates like Bostock and Crowley, and that's what we need. Scott Robertson may yet answer that call, but by most accounts he had a tough/anonymous first game.
    My thoughts exactly, but would have Phil Turner.

Stubbsy wouldn't get through 90 minutes without a red card in the modern game

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast