+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: God made Trump

God made Trump

You have to listen to this to believe it. Trump's ad for the Iowa Caucus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIYQfyA_1Hc

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    You have to listen to this to believe it. Trump's ad for the Iowa Caucus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIYQfyA_1Hc
    😂😂
    With all the challenges the world faces at the moment whether from global warming, or from leaders like Putin, Xi Jingping, Kim Jong Un, Modi or Netanyahu the nation once seen by some as the so-called "leader of the free world" has given itself a political choice between a 77 year old arch naracisst with bizarre hair and orange skin or else a doddery 81 year old who is prone to falling over and forgetting his train of thought. As private Frazier would say: "we're doomed, we're all doomed"....

I just cannot fathom out how a country with the size of population that the USA possesses cannot find two better candidates for President than Trump and Biden. One is an out and out crook who should be behind bars and the other, just too old. If I was voting I would have to vote for Biden just to keep that despicable individual Trump out of office. I’m glad that I don’t have to make the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I just cannot fathom out how a country with the size of population that the USA possesses cannot find two better candidates for President than Trump and Biden. One is an out and out crook who should be behind bars and the other, just too old. If I was voting I would have to vote for Biden just to keep that despicable individual Trump out of office. I’m glad that I don’t have to make the choice.

Totally agree Leicester but many in the US love Trump. I dislike Trump but many will vote for him because illegal immigration in the USA is hated and he will tackle it. Many in the US are of the view like Trump the country should not police the world and spend billions when other NATO countries spend next to nothing. I get this!

Our government do nothing about illegal immigration and have spent 300 million on Rwanda without a single illegal going there. The majority hate illegal immigration especially the huge sums of money wasted when there's a cost of living crisis. Sunak or many Tories are of the i'm alright Jack attitude because they don't struggle to get food on to the table or keep warm. Woke irritates many too ie look at the Rochdale situation and nomarks like Linekar reported to have deleted a tweet asking for Israel to be banned from international football. Does Linekar feel the same way for Russian/Belarusians to being banned from the Olympics? Probably not!

Sad but can honestly see Trump getting back into power! The majority are not always right but usually are not collectively wrong either!

Times of economic hardship always result in very partisan politics driven by a growing divide between the have and have nots and there will always be those stepping into the breach who appeal to those most disenfranchised offering scapegoats and solutions whilst secretly they are all about promoting themselves and seeking power. They use legitimate concerns of the electorate (e.g. illegal immigration/ standards of living) to deflect from larger issues around the corruption and greed of big business and wealthy elites. They virtually promote ignorance of wider issues (the last thing they want is open and thoughtful debate preferring to silence the opposition with sound-bites and claims of fake news) in order to peruse their own agendas. Whilst this encourages growth in not only conservatism but also the far right (and, to a lesser extent, in reaction, the far left), the liberal elite (financially secure enough to currently focus too much time on woke ideas) complacently sleep walk themselves into dangerous territory. If only they hadn't been so deaf to the concerns of so many of their electorate.

Trump also talks of withdrawing from NATO but if there are ample examples in history of the above, there are also ample examples warning against the concept of isolationism. NATO is not perfect and, to an extent, may well be guilty of provoking Putin but I'd argue that it is still necessary. The British, at the peak of Empire, suddenly realized that the idea of "splendid isolation" would not work or protect them and so signed the Triple Entente to counter the threat of the Triple Alliance. America, still on the road to recovery from the Great Depression, was overwhelmingly isolationist in the early years of WW2 despite FDR's concerns over what was happening in Europe and elsewhere -then Pearl Harbour happened. The Second World War would be the making of the US as the dominant world power but, sadly, this and the subsequent Cold War then saw them seesaw on the issue and become increasingly involved in the affairs of other countries, trying to manipulate them for their own ends under the pretext of "defending democracy". Whether in South America, SE Asia or the Middle East, this did not end well and ultimately sowed the seeds for further conflict.

The countries of the world are now far more entwined with each other (mostly through trade) than at any other time and so ideas of isolationism are a bit naive especially given the nature of such leaders of nations like Russia and China. Whilst global democracy is under threat from such authoritarian regimes as well as from religious extremism it also seems increasingly at threat at home too and, personally, I'd count Trump as part of that. Democracy is certainly not a perfect system but it's better than the alternatives and perhaps we should be more careful about how we try and look after it and the freedoms it allows us. Just a pity that no decent leaders have emerged to help protect it better 😞

It is quite unbelievable that so many Americans support Trump, a clearly abhorrent individual. I really do believe that democracy is under threat, primarily because of the lack of competent leadership. If Trump wins and stops supporting Ukraine then Putin and his ilk will feel emboldened to flex their muscles even more. What sort of World are we leaving to our grandchildren?

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    It is quite unbelievable that so many Americans support Trump, a clearly abhorrent individual. I really do believe that democracy is under threat, primarily because of the lack of competent leadership. If Trump wins and stops supporting Ukraine then Putin and his ilk will feel emboldened to flex their muscles even more. What sort of World are we leaving to our grandchildren?
    Indeed-couple all that with the threat of global warming and the prospects don't look good do they? My parents, both brought up in relatively poor working class households in the 30s, who lived through the Second World War, the Cuban missile crisis, Vietnam, the Northern Ireland Troubles, the 3 day week and more express similar despair at today's world. Says it all really 😞

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post

Many don’t particularly like him but support his stance on illegal immigration. If I was an American tax payer I would want the continuation of Ukrainian support but only if every other NATO country fairly contributed their bit. Do Germany or France lead the way? What are countries like Hungary providing in terms of financial support?

Try convincing many in this country now who can’t feed their kids or warm their houses to agree to millions wasted on Rwanda and still the boats keep coming plus the latest financial package to Ukraine? Many look after their own interests including countries like India. China, South Africa and Hungary. Sad really!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Many don’t particularly like him but support his stance on illegal immigration. If I was an American tax payer I would want the continuation of Ukrainian support but only if every other NATO country fairly contributed their bit. Do Germany or France lead the way? What are countries like Hungary providing in terms of financial support?

Try convincing many in this country now who can’t feed their kids or warm their houses to agree to millions wasted on Rwanda and still the boats keep coming plus the latest financial package to Ukraine? Many look after their own interests including countries like India. China, South Africa and Hungary. Sad really!
    All those things that you mention pale into insignificance compared to letting Putin prevail, not to mention the emboldening of Xi Jingping, Kim Jong-Un and the appalling Iranians.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post

I’d rather spend time with an immigrant from any country than have to listen to a Trump supporter. He prays on the undereducated and bigoted underbelly of his country.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)