+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: 📅Match Postponed Thread: Stockport County (H) 20.01.24

Just had the dog out on the local field & the grounds still frozen, I realise we have covers & heaters but the winds still bitter so although I was looking forward to the game I'm not surprised & at least it gives our new management team a bit more time to prepare. COYP

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Just so frustrating, play Sunday instead, can't understand why they don't consider it
    That would suit me, I'm away next week so hoping it's not rearranged for Tuesday.

Bit of a shame as Stockport will probably have a few back from injury by then. Having said that we may have some defenders in the door as well.

The heaters are for growning the grass along the main stand side mainly, not really for thawing out a pitch.

The tangible disappointment says something about the enjoyment of watching Notts these days. When the likes of Steve Thompson were managing us, a postponed match felt like a blessed relief!

Quite a bizarre postponement if you ask me. Somebody wanted this game off. We've attended games on colder and nastier days than today.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts_Pie View Post
    Quite a bizarre postponement if you ask me. Somebody wanted this game off. We've attended games on colder and nastier days than today.
    Yeah the referee. The one who made the decision that a rock hard pitch won’t thaw in time. Very strange indeed.

So four days of frost will thaw in a few hours of just over sub zero temps... The education system needs a real overhaul in this country

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    So four days of frost will thaw in a few hours of just over sub zero temps... The education system needs a real overhaul in this country
    Y
    Couldn't agree more, you should read the comments on X, so many experts and so many conspiracy theorists.

Check what the Notts groundsman has said.

Lots wanted games off then today - around 15 including NL. Who wanted the Mansfield game off yesterday?

Hoping the Gills and the Dons don't win today as they'll see us drop out the play off places Gills at home to FGR so that'll be an easy 3 points for them. Dons at home to Morecambe, not so easy.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast