+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Balance Sheet

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    I can't see note 12 or any other note.
    Is this something that is only available through X?
    If so, could someone please kindly post it?
    Thank you.
    Here's the link to Companies House. Click on View PDF (14 pages)

https://find-and-update.company-info...filing-history

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    I can't see note 12 or any other note.
    Is this something that is only available through X?
    If so, could someone please kindly post it?
    Thank you.

Link to the accounts at Companies House. Hope it works

https://find-and-update.company-info...pdf&download=0

Quote Originally Posted by sinophile View Post
    Secondly, it is a not a statement of profitability. That is shown in the profit and loss account which reflects a period for a year leading upto its date of production.
    Gotta stress this. You can get strong hints as to the profitability of a business from its balance sheets over time, but that will generally not tell you the actual numbers.
    Last edited by OchPie; 17-01-2024 at 06:01 PM.

Thank you 60Years and Evesham.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Is there any significance in the fact that our owners put money into the club rather than in creating extra shares like they do at somewhere like Lincoln?
    The Reedtz did buy £500K of new shares after the year end.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Is there any significance in the fact that our owners put money into the club rather than in creating extra shares like they do at somewhere like Lincoln?
    Lincoln's owners won't get their money back on sale

Quote Originally Posted by Evesham Pie View Post
    The Reedtz did buy £500K of new shares after the year end.
    Thanks for the reply. Sorry I missed out ‘in the form of loans’. Facepalm.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    How do you define sustainability? Notts County FC Ltd is sustainable as long as our owners lob in approx £3m each year to cover our losses?
    Exactly, or at least that the owners fill any shortfall which may be higher or lower in future years.

As has been covered before, and as I have said, it is the cost to the owners of their "season ticket". Put it another way, it is £1.5m each and assuming it allows them access to away games as well as home games, say 50 over the season that's £30k a seat!

Sustainable does not mean profitable. If it had meant profitable then they would have used profitable. It means what they are prepared to and can sustain. At some point if the club is sold on as a going concern (and not under the threat of closure from the HMRC etc) then the amount of debt, and shareholding, become a bargaining point in the valuation and the Bros will get none/some/all/more than their money back. Trew and AH acquired the club not by paying money back to the previous owners, but by saving the club from bankruptcy by paying off HMRC and the milkman etc. (Trew might have screwed a bit more out of AH).

To the Bros I suspect this whole thing is about a hobby that is costing them a couple of million squids a year which may or may not break even for them. But as long as they can sustain the input and get pleasure from it then it's their money they are putting in to fill any shortfall, and their game in seeing how well their stats based system can be used to run a football club.

It's really difficult to see how a business is performing by just using a Balance Sheet. The Balance Sheet is just the other side of the Profit and Loss.

For example to make a business profitable, you can move income into the Profit and Loss - but it has to come from somewhere else, i.e. the Balance Sheet.

Or you can make a business lose money, but it has to come from somewhere else, i.e. the Balance Sheet.

Yes your assets and liabilities are in there, but what does the Profit and Loss show to see how the business is servicing everything.

It's an interesting read (I guess), but on it's own, you can probably get as much information on who the next manager will be from it, as you can see how the business is performing.

As someone stated earlier, the Brothers want to make the club 'sustainable' - there was no talk about profitability.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post

As someone stated earlier, the Brothers want to make the club 'sustainable' - there was no talk about profitability.
    Alan Hardy ""At the same time I've been developing a plan to deal with the short, medium and long-term future of the club, ensuring that the loyal supporters can focus on activities on the pitch, confident that matters off it are being effectively managed in a responsible, sustainable manner."

Alan Hardy again "Our aim over the next three-four years is to regularly achieve crowds of 15,000 to make Championship football sustainable."

Also Alan Hardy "I am absolutely committed to making Ilkeston Town not only self-sustainable, but also competitive and ambitious "

Ray Trew " i have a mission to make this club sustainable so any monies raised by new investment would be spent on the infrastructure and not the team."

Official site "We have enjoyed some sustainable progress and success during the short time since Chairman Ray Trew arrived at Meadow Lane and have seen an improvement in our final league position in each of the three seasons."

No doubt the Trust and Scardino said the same thing and the supporters said "this time it's different, we're in safe hands now, they saved our club".

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast