+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lowerhouse CC.

Lowerhouse CC.

Nice little write-up this morning...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...e-hall-of-fame

"Lowerhouse sits in an area of high deprivation". Feckin Grauniad, can't help themselves can they.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "Lowerhouse sits in an area of high deprivation". Feckin Grauniad, can't help themselves can they.
    I lived in Ightenhill for 12 years, the author of this piece actually needs to visit this area. I loved being able to walk down the Calder with my two dogs visit Gawthorpe, have a pint in Padiham and stroll home. One of my best mates was born in Lowerhouse, still lives in Lowerhouse and from what he told me last week will never leave Lowerhouse.
    He's also a very serious academic and despite being a life long Claret has no other mental deficiencies!

The liberal luvvies who never visit the North have no idea. They love to paint it as deprived and Dickensian as it makes them feel superior and panders to their “social conscience”.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    The liberal luvvies who never visit the North have no idea. They love to paint it as deprived and Dickensian as it makes them feel superior and panders to their “social conscience”.
    And there are worse perps than the Guardian S_c, like my wife constantly reminds me, if these precocious Southerners would ever climb out of their ivory towers they'd die of a ******* nose bleed. Footnote: She swears like a trooper when she gets upset does my lass!

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    I can remember a New Year's Eve Party somewhere in Kent about 15 years ago, I was introduced to this gentleman who said he was a stockbroker in the City. He soon picked up on my northern accent and asked where I was from, he seemed bemused that I actually chose to live up there when I could easily re-locate to the more civilised south of the country. He said he had never ventured north of Watford and nor had he any intention of ever doing so. For all I could tell, he may well have been telling the truth.

I grew up with Stan. We were cricket mad in summer and football mad in winter. Lowerhouse was safe, good schooling and a few decent boozers around.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)