+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley FC Womens' Team

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Just a thought crossed my mind with this one……… what if, a League team wanted to sign and play a woman in the EFL. …? regardless of “she wouldn’t be good/strong enough”
    Would she be allowed?
    Not seen a specific EFL Rule on this Jules but I would anticipate the vast amount of Equal Opportunities Employment Law would come into it.

On the other hand most Sports Governing Bodies don't allow men (or men transitioning to become a women) to compete in Women's Events .
    Would the Womens FA allow men to play in their leagues ? I assume not. So does this apply in the opposite direction ?

I don't know the answer Jules.

Just a thought crossed my mind with this one……… what if, a League team wanted to sign and play a woman in the EFL. …? regardless of “she wouldn’t be good/strong enough”
    Would she be allowed?
    Not seen a specific EFL Rule on this Jules but I would anticipate the vast amount of Equal Opportunities Employment Law would come into it.

On the other hand most Sports Governing Bodies don't allow men (or men transitioning to become a women) to compete in Women's Events .
    Would the Womens FA allow men to play in their leagues ? I assume not. So does this apply in the opposite direction ?

I don't know the answer Jules.

Would she be allowed?
    I'd imagine they wouldn't dare not to and I think one day very soon it will happen .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'd imagine they wouldn't dare not to and I think one day very soon it will happen .
    Didnt Forest Green Rovers try a female coach?

I think there is a big clue when the league is called a womans league , I think for both genders to appear in the same team a title for the league would have to refer to being an open league or something of that ilk & if you think about it athletics have always had the division to allow same gender competition whilst to my knowledge there are no open meetings allowing different genders to compete against each other , however there are other sports such as mixed doubles at tennis & horse racing to name two where genders compete together .

Didnt Forest Green Rovers try a female coach?
    On an interim basis I believe Jules .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Latest league Table---

.......Team............P....W....D....L....GD....P ts

1. Spennymoor.....20...14...1...5....31....40 (3 pts deducted)

2..Barnsley...........18...13... 1.. 4...30....40

3..South Shields....18...12...2...4...36....38

4..Wallsend...........17...11...2...4...13....35

!
    After The Lord Mayor's Show of beating Ossett 2-1 on Wednesday to reach The League Cup Final its back to the bread and butter of the league and a long trip north for the rearranged clash with Alnwick.
    Jess will have brought the women back down to earth ready to put in a professional performance.

Go Well Jess's Feminines

A superb 3-1 win at Alnwick strengthens the Red Women's promotion push.

League leaders Spennymoor also won, 4-2 away. so remain top.

In the big game just below the Reds in the table it was South Shields 0 Wallsend 3.

The Reds three remaining league games are against South Shields, Wakefield and Wallsend. Theses final three games will decide the one team to go up.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 28-04-2024 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    A superb 3-1 win at Alnwick strengthens the Red Women's promotion push.

League leaders Spennymoor also won, 4-2 away. so remain top.

In the big game just below the Reds in the table it was South Shields 0 Wallsend 3.

The Reds three remaining league games are against South Shields, Wakefield and Wallsend. Theses final three games will decide the one team to go up.
    Set up nicely for an exciting finish .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Set up nicely for an exciting finish .
    The ironing won't do itself but Jess's Women need as much rest as possible ready for the battles ahead.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast