+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: ground renting

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    No thanks and no way 🙅*♂️

Seconded, Spence is an utter clown with his talk of this

You cannot compare dens and Tannadice at all, just look a big derbies or the alkmaar type games, Tannadice looks amazing, sounds amazing and it feels like a big event not just to us but to neutrals watching it attending

We don't need a new ground, they do as their owners would never try to redevelop what they have

Leave them to it

Mr Spence seems desperate to get column inches….. must be on a bonus.
    Once he was almost credible but now…..

A ground share may seem sensible but would it really make that much sense? It would be a hard job to maintain a pitch with both teams playing on it unless we went to astro. It would probably mean a drop in fans attending games in the short term, as many fans attend the games for sentimental reasons. The change of stadium would likely be the reason for many fans to cut ties with the club. And unless every other team was planning upgrading their stadiums to the same standard, then it would be , to quote Frankie Boyle "like putting 20 inch wheel trims on a wheelie bin" Scottish football is built for 2 teams, and unless we were taken over by a Saudi Prince...we would never be more than an extra in the Bigot Show. Maybe we should lean into the Arab name and only recruit players from the middle east because we all know that religious intolerance is where the TV money is at! Genuinely though, I think that until such a time arrives when the 2 Glasgow teams get away from our league....then it is all a pointless exercise. The fans just want a decent view, a bit of a laugh, some entertainment and a half decent pie. Sometimes you are better with the devil you know!

...also, if we shared a stadium..then we are more than likely going to merge eventually as it would make the most business sense for any owner. Liquidate both clubs and merge. That is 100% the best option from a business sense and would 100% happen.

Half of Dens and half of Tanny well past their sell by dates, does Spencey have an interest in both clubs sharing this new ground, he keeps going on about it. This new ground is in a lousy location, Dundee probably wouldn't want United in it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Piscean View Post
    Half of Dens and half of Tanny well past their sell by dates
    You're right in what you say there. Facilities in both the Jerry Kerr & Shed are League Two standards. Toilets are like something out of trainspotting. Absolutely horrendous.

I think there are a lot of supporters in their latter years now (I love seeing them at Tannadice) to think what they have watched over the years is beyond belief. Probably the same at Dens (not so much on the success, but still, fair dooz)

If any move did happen either way, I doubt very much if any of the elders would go to Campy. Even myself (and em no that auld) would maybe call it a day. I would defo not go if there was a merger, and probably not go if we were stuck in a crap league, playing crap futba every week.

I'm far from a fair weather fan, don't miss many. I can put up with most things at Tannadice, but... any move might be the camels back thingy, for me.
    Last edited by Yeats 62; 29-01-2024 at 06:38 PM.

FFS

Phuk ever having anything to do with that shower. Nothing.

Leave Tanny to ground share with the Fun and that could be it for me.

Let them fek aff North of the Kingsway if they want to, guid luck with that ( Hah, never happen anyway )

FTD

"We are a club deeply in debt" That has more to do with how the football club has been run under Steven Thompson and Mark Ogren. The manager having percentage cuts on potential player sales and a Sporting Director with his cronies incurring costs to the club, doing precisely what? #United in pursuit.......... of relegation, delivered by TA.

As the great man said, "Don't f**king offer me that again." Stay clear of the shenanigans of the above. Live within your means and United will do just fine residing at Tannadice.

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post
    FFS

Phuk ever having anything to do with that shower. Nothing.

Leave Tanny to ground share with the Fun and that could be it for me.

Let them fek aff North of the Kingsway if they want to, guid luck with that ( Hah, never happen anyway )

FTD
    Too right.

Let them spend money on the monorail to move to outskirts of the city.

It’s a ridiculous plan and I want United to have nothing to with them or the ridiculous plans

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)