+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: ground renting

I would hate us to move into some soulless stadium on the outskirts of the city.

Not that worried tho. It will never happen. I wouldn't be surprised if Dundee fans would rather stay put and see Dens upgraded with any investment money that's available.

Dens covers a large area and a new stand and facilities at each side would easily bring it up to date.

I like the fact that we have 2 professional clubs that share a street. I hope the city never loses that.

My original post was about renting Tannadice, not sharing it. There are still lots of questions and debate to happen in the coming few years.
    Lots of talk about us becoming shared tenants at new campy, how would this be financed, would the yankee owners use the bnbs and ourselves to finance their ambitions. Who would bennefit fron this. When the dundee American owners want to sell up and move on where does this leave us, if we are tenants. How can 2 professional teams share admin,training facilities, commercial. As I asked, would you like our owners to have them as tenants playing at Tannadice, having limited access?

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    I would hate us to move into some soulless stadium on the outskirts of the city.

Not that worried tho. It will never happen. I wouldn't be surprised if Dundee fans would rather stay put and see Dens upgraded with any investment money that's available.

Dens covers a large area and a new stand and facilities at each side would easily bring it up to date.

I like the fact that we have 2 professional clubs that share a street. I hope the city never loses that.
    That's not in the Texans plans though. They're hoping to make big money off a new mixed development.

Canny see the Foo Fighters playing there though 😃

It's Campy or nothing. They'll make money from Campy, no doubt. They'll make absolutely nothing by investing in Dens, therefore won't.

If the Nou Campy doesn’t come off, they could do worse than open up discussions over options for Dens with Monorail Bob……………..
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 23-02-2024 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post

I would hate to move and certainly not to somewhere like they are planning

Anyone who has been to Livi, Falkirk and fermers knows that these new grounds are awful

The only good new grounds tend to be in England when there are 30,000+ and it’s enclosed. The smaller new stadiums just don’t work and have no atmosphere

I actually think St Mirren's is pretty decent. 🤔 It's the location I don't like about the fun's proposal. Culturally it would be miles away from the experience football fans in Scotland would want. The notion is very American. ☹️

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)