+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ground renting

ground renting

A lot of things in the media about our current financial status and the funsters new campy. Personaly I dont want to ground share or get into any scheme that will cost us more expense with a club who are famous for not paying bills and screwing others. Why dont we look at renting our stadium, on a basis that suits us.They can play games there, use the shed which will be the cheapeest area to give them, change in portacabin style accomodation that they can supply on a game by game basis. The wee team can organise their own facilities to run as a club with no ties to us, eg training, business, office etc. We would retain our own identity with team and stadium but get an extra income which we could use as we require.

Ftd

Dundee are moving and doubt they would want to share with United anyway, christ knows how much it will cost their owners.

Wouldn't be against the homeless mob renting at Tannadice but not sure even our brilliant ground staff would cope with a match every 7. Probably would nae bother.

No planning submission yet for the shiny new stadium so might not even happen and if it did it's a few years away yet. Meantime construction costs continue to rise.

How about this for a conspiracy theory?

Run down Dens Park ✅
    Get planning in for new Stadium ✅
    Planning refused for new Stadium 🚫
    Planning application resubmitted for retail park minus the stadium ⬆️
    Application granted ✅
    Dens Park sold ☢
    Fun homeless ✅
    Next.......

I do not want to see the two clubs groundshare unless the pitch was of a standard we see in the English Premier League which of course would cost a fortune.I wonder if any DFC fan or fan group have ever asked the Texans how much rent they will have to pay for the new stadium?.I must say i was quite impressed with the pictures of the new stadium but never realised that there was sufficient land for it and all the other things planned like housing,hotel and a crematorium.

I would imagine the main worry for your average DFC fan is when the Texans leave what's to stop them selling the stadium to someone who does not want football played in it?,or increasing the rent with a take it or leave it scenario.Mind you at this present time i would say if neutral i would rather be in their shoes than ours.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I must say i was quite impressed with the pictures of the new stadium but never realised that there was sufficient land for it and all the other things planned like housing,hotel and a crematorium.
    Well there is if you’re attempting to ‘annex’ half of, owned by you and me and aebody else in Dundee, Camperdown Park.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Well there is if you’re attempting to ‘annex’ half of, owned by you and me and aebody else in Dundee, Camperdown Park.
    Im sure the artists impression was nice to look at for Funsters but I couldn't see much in the way of car or coach parking.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I honestly was not aware that they wanted land owned by the people of Dundee,i thought they had bought the land privately.I have heard or read Nelms saying there are no red flags with planning permission so do the council plan on just giving away the land for F ALL for an American company to make millions in rent over hundreds of years?.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Im sure the artists impression was nice to look at for Funsters but I couldn't see much in the way of car or coach parking.
    But surely that's only a problem if you're expecting folk to go and watch them?

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I honestly was not aware that they wanted land owned by the people of Dundee,i thought they had bought the land privately.I have heard or read Nelms saying there are no red flags with planning permission so do the council plan on just giving away the land for F ALL for an American company to make millions in rent over hundreds of years?.
    The ground the actual stadium is ‘proposed’ to be built on is owned by the Texans, the adjacent training facilities and other ancillary structures integral to the plan are however planned to be built in/on Camperdown Park. It’s basically the area of the park behind where the wee funfair down the bottom end used to be, stretching up to the pitches at the first ‘bit’ down the bottom as you enter the main bit of the park from the road. I would estimate it’s about 20-25% of the Park in total.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)