+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 📝Stuart Maynard appointed

Seem enough to suggest you watch your football over the river. Anyway, I’ll let you get back to researching great players who became great managers {clue - don’t spend too long on it}

Can anyone remember Neil Warknock coming to Notts, well we were underwhelmed then, Neil who was the cry, Neil had never managed in the football league, and went straight into Div 1 as it's known now, if Maynard has half the success Neil had we will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Putney Pie View Post
    Very impressive salty wasn’t it?
    T'was indeed

Welcome to Notts County Stuart and the best of luck..

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    He was assistant manager at Barcelona.
    Doesnt matter the point was our coaches had no playing career of note neither did Rafa/Mourinho.

Yeah he was at Barca but its not the same is it pressure isnt on you until you are the main man.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think that largely depends on the strength of his personality, which I'm sure the brothers have researched. I'm not talking about someone who comes in and lays the law down, more someone who can get the players to buy into their vision. Luke Williams managed to have a strong personality while still being very humble, and the players seemed to be fully behind him from the start.

Welcome Stuart and very best wishes, like always I'll judge you entirely on what I see.
    That's what I'm hoping too. Top post

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    If Notts exist for another 162 years I'd be confident no manager or caretaker will ever beat Jim O'Brien's average of 5 goals per game and 5 goals against.
    I had the pleasure of a quick chat with Jim on Tuesday evening when I took my grandson to an event for 7 year olds at Meadow Lane where him and Connell Rawlinson presented the youngsters with their goody bags. He was great with the kids, and I told him that our game at Grimsby was the first 5-5 draw we had made in our 162 years. He punched the air and said "at last I've made history"!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I had the pleasure of a quick chat with Jim on Tuesday evening when I took my grandson to an event for 7 year olds at Meadow Lane where him and Connell Rawlinson presented the youngsters with their goody bags. He was great with the kids, and I told him that our game at Grimsby was the first 5-5 draw we had made in our 162 years. He punched the air and said "at last I've made history"!
    Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    You don't know this site very well, do you? Not even ECU would do that
    He might do, but with a lot more asterisks!

Quote Originally Posted by Putney Pie View Post
    Seem enough to suggest you watch your football over the river. Anyway, I’ll let you get back to researching great players who became great managers {clue - don’t spend too long on it}
    All of the British legends - Don Revie, Bill Shankly, Brian Clough, Bobby Robson, Alex Ferguson and Matt Busby - were capped at least once by their country.
    The exception Bob Paisley played over 250 games for Liverpool.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast