+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 📝Stuart Maynard appointed

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Driller. Just tried the link but it doesn’t work for me. I would like to watch it please.

https://twitter.com/tomhwilliams23/s...tomhwilliams23
    Sorry I don't know how to do it apart from copying and pasting the link, but if you go on the 'new manager' thread and scroll a few pages back you'll see it there.

Quote Originally Posted by BenFostersGloves View Post
    Well this is an interesting appointment. It's fairly high risk but as another Wrexham fan said to me, recruitment wise you haven't made many mistakes in the last couple of years.

What managers making the step up need is a settled well run club that's in a good place, fans onside and not at war with owners etc, a good squad, a goal scorer or two and a few of their own signings. Think that you can tick all those boxes to give him the best possible chance.
    Agree with all that. Our fans are pretty good at getting hysterical if a new manager doesn't hit the ground running, and with a tough set of fixtures coming up, I hope everyone stays calm and gives the new coaching team time. This is hopefully a long-term appointment, not a quick fix.

Fair play to Maynard though. To make a sufficient impact at Wealdstone to make our owners so keen on him, all while working another job, is pretty damn impressive. I really hope this works out well for him, as he's shown some proper graft and ability to get this opportunity.

As for high risk, also worth noting that LW had had one stint as a head coach previously which ended in relegation. I remember similar moans of 'why him?' when he was appointed.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 19-01-2024 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenFostersGloves View Post
    Well this is an interesting appointment. It's fairly high risk but as another Wrexham fan said to me, recruitment wise you haven't made many mistakes in the last couple of years.

What managers making the step up need is a settled well run club that's in a good place, fans onside and not at war with owners etc, a good squad, a goal scorer or two and a few of their own signings. Think that you can tick all those boxes to give him the best possible chance.
    You are starting to sound like a Nots fan.
    I understand you are thinking of getting rid of those gloves, so perhaps rename yourself as Welshpie?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Sorry I don't know how to do it apart from copying and pasting the link, but if you go on the 'new manager' thread and scroll a few pages back you'll see it there.
    Thanks I will try.

Welcome Stuart and I'm not underwhelmed at all, I'm happy with this appointment on the face of it. The proof is in the pudding. Let's remember after LW left, quite a few people thought he was overrated when it came to his sorting the defence so let's not give SM pelters if we still let in goals. I'm sure he's seen messages on here and his YouTube interview about the defence so let's see if the bros bring someone in as I'm sure they're all aware of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    17 years as a pro, played championship
    Take a peak at our new team's resumes...
    Not sure if it matters, I'm interested in what others say
    I think if they know what they're on about in training that they'll be ok mate in regards to the players. All I did think is LW was very good in training and tactically so how will the new training differ/be the same/be better.

From all accounts though, Maynard is very good tactically and has that modern footballing knowledge so I think he'll be fine. I do worry that some will get on his back but at the same time I think we will still win the majority of games. He has come in at a bad time fixture wish as if he does want to implement things then Stockport, Barrow, Mansfield and then Wrexham aren't the best time to do this. As someone else posted though, if we don't do brilliant in those games then let's not hold Maynard solely to account as for one we might not have done better under LW and for two he's had little time with them as well.

I await the new signings before the end of Jan, this is a big 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Driller. Just tried the link but it doesn’t work for me. I would like to watch it please.

https://twitter.com/tomhwilliams23/s...tomhwilliams23
    Try this one.

https://twitter.com/tomhwilliams23/s...74396122530160

According to Wealdstone official site we triggered release clauses and paid substantial compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Thank you for this ⬆️.
    Very upbeat post, looking forward to our continued progression under Stuart 👍

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I think if they know what they're on about in training that they'll be ok mate in regards to the players.
    You would sure hope so CF, if the players' professionalism has anything to do with it. Credibility is one thing, inspiration is another. Let's hope both are there.

When Bruce Rioch arrived at Arsenal he tried to coach Ian Wright by saying "What John McGinlay would do is....'. Wrighty hated it and maybe that was the beginning of the end of Rioch at Arsenal.

If I could relay any advice to Maynard, Matthew Saunders and Craig Saunders, it would be to never preface anything with 'What we did at Wealdstone was....' cos our players will be thinking 'yeah to reach 13th in the NL' and players like JJ, Didzy, DC probably don't want to be taken there mentally. Just say 'What we are going to do/try is....' without any of those references would be much better IMO
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 19-01-2024 at 01:20 PM.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast