+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: St Mirren

I am quickly tiring of listening to the manager's cliche ridden post match interviews. Earlier on in the season our poor performances were down to the players but now he is delighted they are putting everything into each game, shame the end result is always the same. We have been beaten by many "poorer" teams than St Mirren and I for one do not see this changing under the current regime. Our only hope is we can avoid relegation and draw a line under what is turning out to be an atrocious season. A complete clear out of players and management team is required in order to start a fresh and if that necessitates going part time, so be it.

Interesting view B'S.

Not one of us expected anything but a defeat yesterday, but the frustrating thing for me is the lack of any attempt at a tactical change at 0-0. The game was there to be won by stealth, but not in persisting with the status quo.

As.many have said already in the last 7 months.......yes 7 months, it is the lack of willingness to change course. It took Marvin 5 months to stop faffing about at the back, he's like a tanker on course for the rocks and doesn't know how to turn the steering wheel.

It's a one off cup game and while I understand keeping it tight against a SPL team once we lost the goal in the 70th minute you have to at least give a go for the sake those tremendous travelling fans surely.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Bartley isn’t the man for the job IMO. His signings , team selections and game plans are all rotten.

Anyone seen or heard from the BOD’s recently ?
    Loreburn I totally ageee. The whole club needs cleared out now.
    The silence from the bod is deafening at a time when action needs taken, not just with the management team, but also with the state of the ground, lack of communication with supporters, not even a Xmas message to say what’s been happening or thanking people for the support. Not even a denial when the rumours of dodgy land deals were getting spoken about
    We have a management team that has supposedly had a healthy budget at the start of the season and this has been blown on poor players that have shown no interest in the club and a manager who has continually had poor tactics and team selections.
    Then there’s the playing squad which is poor with maybe 5 players at a push good enough for this level.
    Call me paranoid but it’s like the club is being run into the ground considering maybe 8 or 9 seasons ago we were regularly in the play offs for the premiership. The decline has been spectacular.
    The main issue is that there is no fairy god mother with a pot of gold to get us out this mess so with the present man at the helm we are only heading one way, which means if no action is taken then we will be a league 2 side in the next couple of seasons

Fatfan ,, the only steps this current board have took over the last 10 years or so are backward steps ,anymore backward and it's game over fir Queens we will be the next east stirling ,albion, Berwick,cowden, iv been seeing it happen since the day this lot took over gradually stripping the club down season apon season ,action needs taken to remove this regime from control of the club before there is no club left ,the whole board should resign at end of season and take the chance to see who will step forward to take over a club that's free to take control of ,no one in there right mind will buy out the current board only way is them walking away the fans that stick up for this lot need to take a close look at themselves, do you want this club to keep going if so this board of directors need to be stopped in there tracks before there's no club left to support .

Would help if folk like you attended games again.

Therein lieth the problem. Too many people who moan about the inadequacies of the club, but are unwilling to attend games.
    Falkirk, the same size of town as Dumfries, has languished in the 3rd tier for 5 seasons, but average home gates were always 4000. Even half that number would make Queens a viable club, but without the BOD keeping the club afloat, there would be no QOS.
    The solution is not simply throwing money at the problem, it may be, as some have suggested, to attract better players by going part time. Having an attractive offering will encourage people to turn out for games, thus allowing for further investment.
    The alternative, and let's be brutally honest is to sell Palmerston for housing and create a new stadium.
    Anathema I agree, but unless Calvin Harris suddenly becomes a Queens supporter and hands over five million to build a new stand, sort out the rest of the stadium, leaving a million over 3 years to invest in the team, then we have no alternative.
    It might be worth someone who knows him to ask the question, then we'll all be 100% sure, but I think we all know the answer.
    If he had any passion for his home town, he'd have persuaded his management team to switch his Glasgow gig to Dumfries. .....and yes over 2 days like the kids gig that attracts 40 000.
    So let the debate commence.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Would help if folk like you attended games again.

Aloreburn there is no way on earth il be paying anywhere near 18 quid to watch Queens ATM, total waste of money and I'm defo not the only one in that boat most of the guys I used to stand with at palmy don't go these days due too the current way Queens are heading and noticing we have a board of directors letting it happen ,these directors seem to think the fans need to come back and pay to move Queens forward ,well it just don't work like that ,thay need to make the moves to show the fans thay mean business and moving Queens in the right direction before us fans can see a reason to pay that kind of cash at palmy turnstiles, how much wood I be prepared to pay to watch what's currently on offer you maybe ask ? ,well 5 quid maybe that's all I think it's currently worth at the moment ,so me and the rest of the once Queens faithful need to be shown the way forward by the board leading the way to entice us back through the gates .

You support your team through the good AND the bad times Dougal.

I've copied and pasted my previous post below. We have a serious problem if people are honestly suggesting that paying £5.00 is appropriate to watch a game of football. A packet of cigarettes is three times that amount, and an average pint of beer is about a fiver.

Come on Francis, - at least get real. The BOD must despair at those sort of comments.

This is not a pub team we are talking about, Queen of the South are a full time professional outfit, with all the costs incurred in not only paying wages, rates, power for lights and all other overheads including police and security etc, - but running foodbanks and a plethora of other community activities, - worth at least £2 million to the local economy each year.

Comments please on the potential proposals below, - or are we all willing to accept going part time and the sale of the major asset to move forward?

Therein lieth the problem. Too many people who moan about the inadequacies of the club, but are unwilling to attend games.
    Falkirk, the same size of town as Dumfries, has languished in the 3rd tier for 5 seasons, but average home gates were always 4000. Even half that number would make Queens a viable club, but without the BOD keeping the club afloat, there would be no QOS.
    The solution is not simply throwing money at the problem, it may be, as some have suggested, to attract better players by going part time. Having an attractive offering will encourage people to turn out for games, thus allowing for further investment.
    The alternative, and let's be brutally honest is to sell Palmerston for housing and create a new stadium.
    Anathema I agree, but unless Calvin Harris suddenly becomes a Queens supporter and hands over five million to build a new stand, sort out the rest of the stadium, leaving a million over 3 years to invest in the team, then we have no alternative.
    It might be worth someone who knows him to ask the question, then we'll all be 100% sure, but I think we all know the answer.
    If he had any passion for his home town, he'd have persuaded his management team to switch his Glasgow gig to Dumfries. .....and yes over 2 days like the Youth Beatz gig that attracts 40 000.
    So let the debate commence.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)