+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: St Mirren

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Naw Fatfan, - he does 'garage.'
    Forgive me jardi. Coming from someone who has no idea who anathema really does. I can only assume he/she is in the music industry, something I have absolutely zero knowledge in, I can only assume you mean he/ she is garbage or is in the motor industry. That is something I do have knowledge in and I have never heard of him/her involved in Arnold Clark or similar business 🤷*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Threefivetwo View Post
    Not trying to knock the passion or indeed ideas out of your head Jardi. Just an honest opinion from me, and that's all it is, that he won't be interested in QoS. Regardless of his net worth, effectively throwing a substantial amount of money metaphorically down the drain won't appeal to anyone, even the wealthy. As I say, I may well be wrong and he's currently on a private jet destined for the CH arena with a spanner in hand to finally give us hot water.....
    I completely concur Threefivetwo, - but once again, may I simply suggest that if a list of the incredible work that Dan does for the QOS Trust were collated, - and then a friend of Adam's posed the question, - based on the impact on the wider community his investment would have, - there is a very slight chance of the philanthropic side of CH being nudged to offer help, - and once again, - there is no harm in asking. If he says "no" - or doesn't respond the matter is over. simples.

Now, - let's look at the overall problem of funding QOS the club, - there are some on this board who think the BOD should do it all, - but they also think it unfair and unreasonable to ask Calvin Harris if he might be interested in all the ancillary works that the club is involved in! Now that's bizarre.

All options must be on the table as far as I'm concerned, - but expecting a small BOD to subsidise the team, - sort out all the issues across the stadium, and re-build the crumbling main stand, - remain full time and bring in better players on higher wages is more of a pipe dream than asking a Dumfries born and bred, - highly successful musician if he might like to support the club and the incredible work that it does.

I think you should get a consortium together Jardi and at least try get a seat on the board. You’re well known & liked and will have plenty contacts throughout the region. This 3 man BOD is unacceptable IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    I think you should get a consortium together Jardi and at least try get a seat on the board. You’re well known & liked and will have plenty contacts throughout the region. This 3 man BOD is unacceptable IMO.
    Very good of you to suggest such a move Aloreburn, but I'd find that difficult to add into the host of other activities I'm involved in trying to make this region better, and of course my day to day job. At best, I could be an advisor of sorts, but impossible for me to accept any further responsibility for fear of the law of diminishing returns. ....ie making an arse of it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)