+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bayern Munich after Trippier

Bayern Munich after Trippier

As reported in the Chronicle.

Newcastle United right-back Kieran Trippier is interesting Bayern Munich as the January transfer window heats up.

Chronicle Live understands that the Bundesliga side see him as a potential signing to join his fellow England internationals Harry Kane and Eric Dier. Trippier remains close with Kane and Bayern are looking for a right-back in this window.

Thomas Tuchel said recently: "We are looking for a right-back who is strong in duels. We’ll see if something is possible.

"Nous Mazraoui is at the Africa Cup, but we have also gotten used to Konrad Laimer at right-back, even though it’s not his best position. If there’s an opportunity on the market, we’ll take it. Otherwise things will stay this way."

Ex-Tottenham Hotspur and Burnley star Trippier has one year left on his current deal which runs out in 2025 and Newcastle stated last week that every player has a price in the world of PSR. Eddie Howe would be reluctant to let Trippier leave but does have a ready-made replacement in Tino Livramento available to him.

Trippier has suffered a loss of form but was instrumental in last season's top four finish. The Magpies are set to say goodbye to Javier Manquillo later today with the Spanish defender about to join Celta Vigo.

Newcastle have been in touch with Bayern over the signing of Joshua Kimmich in recent times but the Bundesliga club, who are behind Bayer Leverkusen in second, dismissed initial approaches.

Give us Kimmich in exchange

Bayern can get fucked as can all the stats fans on Twitter saying he could go if the money's right.

As if this man's importance to us is about stats, ffs.

I despair sometimes.

Can’t see Trippier or Joelinton leaving

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Bayern can get fucked as can all the stats fans on Twitter saying he could go if the money's right.

As if this man's importance to us is about stats, ffs.

I despair sometimes.
    100% Zip.

I've had two thoughts on this.

1 - him and his missus wanted to come back to the UK, so can't see him moving to Germany.

2 - there was supposidly issues at home for him, leaving England squad for personal reason etc. Maybe they might want a new location/fresh start etc.

However, my view is - Bayern can **** off.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneymcRingRing View Post
    Can’t see Trippier or Joelinton leaving
    Me too. They are both part of the establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Me too. They are both part of the establishment.
    Absolutely. Never mind "need to sell to buy". You don't part with your most important players to gain a possible advantage. Absurd.

Reports now saying talks with Bayern on jan 20th regarding Trippier’s transfer, I’d say that’s BS

Joelinton is on 40k a week Id say he’s looking for a new deal with us and he’ll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneymcRingRing View Post

Joelinton is on 40k a week Id say he’s looking for a new deal with us and he’ll get it.
    I'd say he's worth it, too.

Coming out now that Tripps has given Bayern the green light and talks are beginning today.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)