+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: DARK SKIES: Is it ALL GOING PEAR SHAPED FOR US !!!!

DARK SKIES: Is it ALL GOING PEAR SHAPED FOR US !!!!

This past month has seen us lose 7 out of 8 matches! We read and hear that Dan Ashcroft is being hunted down heavily to join MAN UTD after the window shuts - THIS MAY VERY WELL HAPPEN.

This window, we have not been able to lure or sign anybody thanks to the PYTHON called FFP !!!!
    Premier League FFP rules dictate any club can only lose a maximum of £105m over any rolling three-year period - with Newcastle's results from last season alone making up almost 70 per cent of that tally.

We've been shafted by AC MILAN over the Sandro Tonali signing, after being banned from football for 10 months over breaches of rules on betting on matches in Italy - they knew who they were selling to us.

We have VULTURES everywhere swooping above SJP knowing we are fu(ked financially thanks to this FFP crap. Under threat are our best players Bruno Guimaraes, Alexander Isak, Joelinton, Botman. Now we hear Bayern Munich want Trippier !!!!

Our owners will be rightfully concerned about where this club is travelling, and although I don't want it to happen, if our trajectory keeps going the way it has been for another month, I doubt HOWE will make it to March - in fact ENGLAND are circling Howe as a replacement for Southcrap.

Which ever way you look, every asset we have is under threat right now, and despite the talk of us doing a "GREALISH" by selling Bruno for 100 Million, I don't see things improving like it did at Villa.

Not my take on things at all.
    Our owners knew full well what they were buying - a club turned by Ashley into a virtual basket case playing Russian roulette with relegation and promotion.
    They knew all about FFP and its implications. So they knew they couldn't just throw unlimited money at the club, but were buying a long-term project.
    The club under Howe massively over-achieved last season. As a result we didn't have a squad that could compete in both the premiership and the Champions League. A few injuries therefore led to players being over-worked, hence tiredness and more injuries, and not enough time to train and prepare properly.
    As i see it, the only thing we could have done differently would have been to forget the domestic cups and play a second-string/youth team. not a good look for the fans, though.
    That last years over-achievement has led to a situation where we are now lower-placed than hoped in the table can't really be a huge surprise, despite being a disappointment. However, with less pressure on the team for the rest of the season, and players returning from injury, I fully expect that our form will improve over the rest of the season, and that our owners will think that their project is pretty much on track overall. I would be shocked if they are losing belief in Howe's ability.

A bit too much too soon and a whole parcel of bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Magzer View Post
    A bit too much too soon and a whole parcel of bad luck.
    Fair shout.

I'm sitting between Andy and OBC I think on feelings

It's that old Murphy's Law thing again, if there's a chance something bad might happen it probably will, especially with Newcastle Utd.
    This season has been a huge learning experience for the fans and the owners after battering down the doors last year. With a full and fit team where would we have been this season I wonder ?

Quote Originally Posted by OwdBillCook View Post
    Not my take on things at all.
    Our owners knew full well what they were buying - a club turned by Ashley into a virtual basket case playing Russian roulette with relegation and promotion.
    They knew all about FFP and its implications. So they knew they couldn't just throw unlimited money at the club, but were buying a long-term project.
    The club under Howe massively over-achieved last season. As a result we didn't have a squad that could compete in both the premiership and the Champions League. A few injuries therefore led to players being over-worked, hence tiredness and more injuries, and not enough time to train and prepare properly.
    As i see it, the only thing we could have done differently would have been to forget the domestic cups and play a second-string/youth team. not a good look for the fans, though.
    That last years over-achievement has led to a situation where we are now lower-placed than hoped in the table can't really be a huge surprise, despite being a disappointment. However, with less pressure on the team for the rest of the season, and players returning from injury, I fully expect that our form will improve over the rest of the season, and that our owners will think that their project is pretty much on track overall. I would be shocked if they are losing belief in Howe's ability.
    Alreet Bill!

Mate, you literally read my mind. I am getting a little tired of all the over emotional responses. I do appreciate that people don't generally have hope in the club and last year was a massive over-achievement. Sadly the gaming generation seem to think that it's as easy as Howe made it look.

We didn't have as many games as this season and were pretty much injury free. Villa are doing what we did last season. We'll be fine. People need to calm down and look at things more pragmatically and understand that in 3-4 yrs time we'll be a consistent top 4 club, we'll have bred in a culture of playing 2-3 games a week, we'll have a deep bench of quality players to enable us to sub in like-for-like, quality for quality players and we'll be a title contender.

Rome wasn't built in a day under PSR restrictions!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Alreet Bill!

Mate, you literally read my mind. I am getting a little tired of all the over emotional responses. I do appreciate that people don't generally have hope in the club and last year was a massive over-achievement. Sadly the gaming generation seem to think that it's as easy as Howe made it look.

We didn't have as many games as this season and were pretty much injury free. Villa are doing what we did last season. We'll be fine. People need to calm down and look at things more pragmatically and understand that in 3-4 yrs time we'll be a consistent top 4 club, we'll have bred in a culture of playing 2-3 games a week, we'll have a deep bench of quality players to enable us to sub in like-for-like, quality for quality players and we'll be a title contender.

Rome wasn't built in a day under PSR restrictions!
    I always admire your extreme optimism, but things are not fine (in my opinion), especially if we need to sell our best assets to generate funds to purchase cheaper or speculative players. Yes, we've had many more matches, and injuries have been beyond a joke - but at what point do you point the finger at those that are responsible for keeping players fit, and managing their time so they don't burn and combust !!!!

It's easy for me to comment, but I would welcome a 10 point deduction, raise the middle finger to the assholes trying to strangle us, and go and buy whoever we want, and tell them to go forth and multiply. Take the 10 point deduction, as our season is FU(KED, get another 20 points to remain above 18th, and reset for next season.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)