+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Preston North End ***Matchday Thread***

Leeds United - v - Preston North End ***Matchday Thread***

Leeds Utd v Preston North End
    21st January@12:00 | Elland Road

Leeds will be looking to take revenge on Preston when they visit Elland Road on Sunday lunchtime, and right the wrongs of four weeks ago.

Illan Meslier was sent off early in the second half of the reverse fixture for taking the term 'Boxing Day' literally; sending Montenegrin Milutin Osmajić flying through the air like he'd been shot.

In all actuality, the French shot shopper had only used the palm of his hand to push Osmaji away (in his face) after several Preston players had encroached in his personal space, but without the foresight of VAR, Leeds had to play the last 40 minutes with ten men. To make matters worse, Miller's last minute goal saw them leave Deepdale empty handed.

Since beating the Whites Preston have lost to Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland and Chelsea (in the FA Cup). They got back to winning ways last weekend beating Bristol City 2-0, but face a Leeds team unbeaten at home all season!

With Ipswich travelling to Leicester City, and Swansea City desperate to take revenge on Southampton (following their 5-0 mauling over Christmas), Leeds must keep their 100% 2024 win record in tact, if they are to close the gap!

Preston have only won once at Elland Road in the last 63 years (a ten goal thriller in 2010, 6-4), and the bookies don't expect anything to change this time around. Betfred are offering punters 10/1 on a Preston win!!!

With three goals in as many games, it would be difficult for Daniel Farke to drop Patrick Bamford, meaning Joel Piroe will once again have to make do with a place on the bench.

Pascal Struijk (groin) and Liam Cooper (Hamstring) are unlikely to be fit, meaning Ethan Ampadu will drop to centre back, alongside this Countryman Joe Rodon.

If this is indeed the case, Ilia Iliev will partner Glen Kamara in midfield, with Summerville and James on alternate wings and Georginio Rutter will once again play a slightly deeper role, so to exploit his creative influence!

In the world of soccer, where goalkeepers are known for their cat-like reflexes and unwavering focus, the Leeds goalie spider boy Meslier has taken it upon himself to defend a different kind of territory – his personal space. Meet Illan "get out my face" Meslier the wokest goalkeeper in the game.

His teammates, however, are finding it increasingly challenging to navigate the minefield that is Mes's personal space. Forward Patrick Bamford lamented, "I tried to celebrate a goal with him once, and he hit me with a lecture on consent and boundaries. I just wanted a high-five, not a TED Talk."

Mes has mastered the art of not only stopping shots but also stopping any potential invasion of his sacred personal space. In a recent interview, he passionately exclaimed, "My goal isn't just to keep the ball out of the net; it's to keep anyone and everyone out of my personal space."

During matches, Mes can be seen wearing a neon-colored "Personal Space" jersey. Any opposing player venturing too close is met with a stern warning on the importance of respecting personal boundaries.

Mes's commitment to his cause extends beyond the soccer field. He recently started a campaign called "Get out my face" advocating for greater awareness of personal space issues in everyday life. The campaign includes instructional videos on how to ask for permission before entering someone's personal space and seminars on the perils of unsolicited hugs.

He also believes that opposing teams will score less goals if they do not encroach apon his personal space, as it will allow him to catch the ball.

However Mes is not averse to getting in someone elses face if he feels his personal space has been breeched.

3 - 0.

MOT.

(Credit: motforum.com)

Well, quite simply.
    Nothing less than a win will do.

Otherwise I may bump up a certain thread.

Got to win and keep the pressure on Southampton.

Keep riis Jensen and miller quiet and break down any low blocks and we will win

If only we didn’t feel it necessary to give them a goal start

Fairly action packed start - Gruev looks good

Firpo started really well

Why don’t we put free kicks into their box.
    Instead play them back and waste them.

Without Struijk and Piroe suspect we lack a bit of height

Does Hughes have to kneecap someone before he gets a card

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)