+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Under soil heating

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    i think the Pavis needs to be re-built on castor wheels so it can be moved during the day allowing the sun to get on the pitch. Obviously wheeling it back at night.
    I know you jest but that reminds me of that stadium in the far east during the 2002 world cup where the pitch could be rolled out of the stadium to get sun light, absolutely brilliant engineering

Undersoil heating for me is a nice to have rather than a necessity. We have frost covers and the only reason the game was postponed like most games this week is the fact the ground was frozen after a number of days or nights during the week with sub zero temperatures and wind chill.

I would sooner the club spend money on players or enhancing the matchday experience first and foremost. Also I’d prefer the club to spend it on an investment that may bring money into the club to help it be more sustainable.

Only if we got to the highest level would it be worth considering in my opinion.

In terms of a return on investment, this would be way down the list.
    I was really surprised the game was called off which was probably because I’m so used to our games going ahead.

There are benefits other than frost protection. Under soil heating promotes grass growth and improves the overall quality of the pitch. This would allow us to watch better quality football.
    Agree though, I don’t think we can afford it.

The police need to start raiding more hot houses and obtain more plant growing lights for us.!! Come on you FEDS , get your size 12s on and get out in the real world instead of sitting in the can**** drinking coffee all day !!.

Cant33n ...

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    There are benefits other than frost protection. Under soil heating promotes grass growth and improves the overall quality of the pitch. This would allow us to watch better quality football.
    Agree though, I don’t think we can afford it.
    Excellent post.

Correct me if I'm wrong did Palmer say at the fans forum that under soil heating will be put in when the massive upgrade to the pitch is done at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Excellent post.

Correct me if I'm wrong did Palmer say at the fans forum that under soil heating will be put in when the massive upgrade to the pitch is done at the end of the season.
    Not that I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I know you jest but that reminds me of that stadium in the far east during the 2002 world cup where the pitch could be rolled out of the stadium to get sun light, absolutely brilliant engineering
    The Sapporo Dome. Absolutely bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I think my idea is better !😎

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast