+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Under soil heating

Under soil heating

I'm wondering if the bros have any plans to install.
    Must have lost a fair bit of money postponing today

Given the cost of installing and running vs the number of games that we lose I would say that it's not an essential.

Having a premier league sound system and plasma screens at both ends of the ground are not essential but adds to the enjoyment, what's more un-enjoyable than looking forward to a match all week then being let down on the day

It doesn't happen enough to warrant it, I get that it's a disappointment but life's full of them. I'm sure that the brothers will have looked at this and worked out if it's beneficial. I'm sure that someone will know how many games we've lost to frozen pitches over the last ten years.

It’s a simple case of weighing up the financial pros and cons. Probably not worth it at L2 level, but if we aspire to the Championship one day, at some point - when the revenue streams are hopefully higher - it will become a must. Not an immediate priority, though, especially as we have a good track record of getting games on.

Notts have a good record of getting games on in recent years in wintry conditions, I think this is only the 2nd time in the 2020s we've had a home game PPd due a frozen pitch, the other being Chorley in the FA Trophy December 2022.
    Under-soil heating would seem to be big waste of money, especially when you factor in the potential for games to be called off due to dangerous roads/pavements outside the ground if the weather is THAT bad.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Notts have a good record of getting games on in recent years in wintry conditions, I think this is only the 2nd time in the 2020s we've had a home game PPd due a frozen pitch, the other being Chorley in the FA Trophy December 2022.
    Under-soil heating would seem to be big waste of money, especially when you factor in the potential for games to be called off due to dangerous roads/pavements outside the ground if the weather is THAT bad.
    Thank you, I knew I could rely upon you to come up with the goods.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    I'm wondering if the bros have any plans to install.
    Must have lost a fair bit of money postponing today
    I shouldn't think so, the price far outweighs the loss of a game every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    It’s a simple case of weighing up the financial pros and cons. Probably not worth it at L2 level, but if we aspire to the Championship one day, at some point - when the revenue streams are hopefully higher - it will become a must. Not an immediate priority, though, especially as we have a good track record of getting games on.
    Installation alone costs upwards of £500k. Add in the maintenance costs and the cost of actually running the system. How often does the temperature go below -4? Not very often at all so is there any point. At that point also, you could install it, have below -4 temps and the game is called off anyway as the surrounding area is too dangerous so it's a waste of money then anyway

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    In the Premier League it is compulsory I think.
    At Championship as you say it will probably be a "must".
    However, from next year Sky are broadcasting many more League 1 and League 2 matches every week.
    If they are 100% sure that games won't be called off then selecting the Notts games would probably be more appealing.
    Now whether this is a good thing or not I don't know. The club would obviously benefit financially but maybe attendances and atmosphere would drop a little? Also those games will not be played in the 3 o'clock slot.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast