+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    What no plan B Luke...Although the Saints are on a roll at the moment...Anyone remember Terry Paine...
    Midfielder, record league appearances? Don't think I saw him play though

Just logged on and seen the scoreline. Never liked Swansea so nice to see

Russell Martin V LW. Is that a bit like master v apprentice? Must be a very particular game to watch with both teams playing the same style, both trying to 'dominate the ball'. You would think there's more goals in this...

Swansea making Southampton look like Sutton.

Williams style ideal for knocking over sh!t teams. Not sure how many of those there are in the championship…

Swansea are crap Notts, complete with keeper with dodgy distribution, all round poor defending, getting back into a game they should be out of then getting themselves straight back out of it again.

Southampton are good Notts, and Walker Peters is a genetically modifed cheat code version of Nemane.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Luke’s first home league game not going to plan. 2-0 down and being cut to ribbons.
    Incredible

Think we can safely say that Luke will us the “I” word to describe saints when doing his post match interview with sky.

Interestingly, he's playing 4 at the back today, I think he played that incredibly rarely at Notts

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Interestingly, he's playing 4 at the back today, I think he played that incredibly rarely at Notts
    I could confidently say he never started with that in a league game. Interesting, but depends on what Swansea were playing under Duff. If that was a 4, LW wouldn't want to switch to his system and see it be discredited before he's had a chance to properly install it on the training ground.
    If Duff was playing a 3, then it would be a real turn-up

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    What no plan B Luke...Although the Saints are on a roll at the moment...Anyone remember Terry Paine...
    Yes from when I lived there. Right winger, in the 1966 squad but didn’t play.

Accepting that Southampton are very good and in a league too low, I think Williams has his work cut out at Swansea. Very mediocre players at his disposal from what I can see. Hard to imagine the the likes of jones, macca and Nemane wouldn’t improve what he has from an attacking sense. Off the pitch, lots of empty seats and has the feel of a club on the slide or at best going nowhere

Don't they have a "project"?

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast