+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Obafemi to go out on loan?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Well, this does not make good reading at all as far as I am concerned.
    He came on as a sub for Southampton in the 82 nd minute against Spurs in January 2018.
    Since then in league and cup football but excluding Internationals he has made 107 appearances but started only 47 matches. Of those starts, 33 were for Swansea where he also made 19 sub appearances and scored 14 goals betwween August 2021 and July 2023 when he came to the Clarets. The last time he played a full game was on 29 October 2022 for Swansea at Bristol City.
    He has started only one game for the Clarets in the FA Cup against Fleetwood.
    He played a total of 280 minutes last season and has made 2 sub appearances this season amounting to 19 minutes.

As far as I can tell he has spent 498 days since December 2018 having treatment for injuries. It seems that 322 of those days relate to hamstring injuries. The other 176 days relate to a knock from December 2020 to May 2021.All this was between Dec 2018 and May 2021.
    Nobody can predict injuries and he reamined injury free from May 2021 until his latest one came when on International duty back in June 2023 but that meant he was having treatment, before coming on as a sub in November, for 143 days.

Quite a sad tale really with so little game time in just over 5 years.
    Thanks mein freund I knew you would put the record straight.

For someone who's built like a brick $hit house he sure is injured a lot.

We were mug enough to sign an injury prone player like Obafemi, now we need to find a club mug enough to take him on loan. Might be difficult.

Clear out required this summer.

Get shut of the lot of them, with the Manager and coaching staff the 1st through the door.

All the dross still under contract then need loaning out

Quote Originally Posted by ballcock View Post
    Clear out required this summer.

Get shut of the lot of them, with the Manager and coaching staff the 1st through the door.

All the dross still under contract then need loaning out
    I like this 'no fecking about' approach, clear the lot out and then start again with the management dream team of Joey and Big Dunc in charge, Colin as Head Coach and Fat Sam Technical Director. At least we wouldn't go down without a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I like this 'no fecking about' approach, clear the lot out and then start again with the management dream team of Joey and Big Dunc in charge, Colin as Head Coach and Fat Sam Technical Director. At least we wouldn't go down without a fight.
    Lol! Where did b_c emerge from?

We were mug enough to sign an injury prone player like Obafemi, now we need to find a club mug enough to take him on loan. Might be difficult.
    There's hope yet. Just watched a pulsating Roses derby in which Dirty Weeds nicked a late 2-1 win courtesy of a soft penalty.

Who ran back 30 yards at full speed to prevent a late Bamford strike from going goal bound?

None other than "Sicknote Brady". The wonders of medical science.

I thought he wasn't playing because he was injured, in which case he won't be going out on loan.
    https://www.teamtalk.com/burnley/cla...zBfhmK1QJGSyEQ

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    My post 13, 'he's not match fit'.
    TeamTalk, 'so that he can regain match fitness'.

But it doesn't take a genius to work it out, if you haven't played a full game in well over a year, you're not going to be match fit, it's self evident. TeamTalk doesn't mention any of the clubs that are supposedly interested in signing him. My guess would be that's because there aren't any.

My post 13, 'he's not match fit'.
    TeamTalk, 'so that he can regain match fitness'.

But it doesn't take a genius to work it out, if you haven't played a full game in well over a year, you're not going to be match fit, it's self evident. TeamTalk doesn't mention any of the clubs that are supposedly interested in signing him. My guess would be that's because there aren't any.
    Blinking heck I thought I was the only one suffering from Seasonal Affection Disorder on here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Blinking heck I thought I was the only one suffering from Seasonal Affection Disorder on here.
    As he gone on loan yet ?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)