+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Farke

Daniel Farke

Hey folks

I'm conflicted regarding Farke

Part of me thinks he's having a good season, he's given gray his chance to shine, he's brought in several players, many have done well this season so far, we are unbeaten at elland road, with several fairly big wins and clean sheets too

But then the other side of me, the irrational side, is saying if Leeds aren't promoted this season, then sack him

As far as championship CVs are concerned, he's about the best their is, and the best we could have got at the time, so I praise the board for getting him, his coaching team, and the new players brought in this summer

I still believe we will be promoted this season, so hopefully this thread will not matter in the end but there are just some small irritations from this season so far that aren't going unnoticed

What's your thoughts folks?

Haha....you know our role in the playoffs....the script varies, but the final outcome never changes.

Hated farke at my local club Norwich because he was very successful in the championship with them, mainly at our expense, think he’s done very well to get us where we are considering the behind the scenes rubbish he endured at the start, plus the delay in getting players in, also Ipswich, Leicester and Southampton are unfortunately having a superb season, so all in all I’m happy with him and happy where we are, like I’ve said before if it wasn’t for the stupid dropped points against lower teams, Rotherham, Sheffield, stoke etc, we would be sitting pretty in second place……however after saying all that he does make some strange late substitutions at times, but then again so did our much loved bielsa, and look what he done for us.

He has done pretty well so far but as said on other threads there are areas of concern too.

Not sure could realistically ask for too much more in terms of league position given the lack of time this summer.

I back him 100%

Good question Clive.
    One that is often asked and answered without putting everything considered into the equation - but I will have a go.

Man Management Skills?10/10 Building a positive and cohesive team culture was essential as was stabilising the club.Farke's man-management skills, including creating a positive atmosphere within the squad have contributed to team unity and motivation as emphasised by recent new deals for our better youth prospects.

Football philosophy ? 7/10
    His emphasis on attacking football & strategic approach has led to some positive results in the main.
    Alas, even like Bielsa still no real genuine feeling that we can get those nearly goals when required.

Adaptability ? 6.5/10
    The Championship is known for its competitiveness and also its unpredictability which most on hete would aknowledge.
    So the successful managers have to adapt to different challenges in my opinion whether its dealing with injuries, fixture congestion, changes in the squad & dodgy ref decisions.

Farke not knowing the the squad long enough for me shows in his lack of faith to find certain individuals full capability strengths as of yet - but he is getting there in my opinion.
    More time needed at Borussia and without Mönchengladbach sporting director Virkus on his back over Farkes tactical decisions was the veiw several of their fans mentioned on their media sites who only had concerns over his tactical set ups being to defensive at times,which has not been the case at Leeds as of yet.
    So not many real negative vibes of his time there were voiced after overall reading.

Strong Leadership ? 10/10
    Farke's leadership qualities including his ability to inspire confidence and belief in his players,have played a role in getting us into top 6 (which was a tough call at the start of this season to be fair) with a mixture of players not really knowing what to do in our new chapter of history with him in charge.

So its worth remembering that success in football management is multifaceted and many factors contribute to a winning ratio to determine a Coaches overall effectiveness in what is always quite a highly competitive league in the Championship gig which can be easily forgotten by us eager fans.

He does come across as calm, patient,articulate,confident with eloquent fluid speech projection wise with a sense of humour when needed in his press presentation.
    So does represent our club well and understands our fans mentality which he consistently reminds our squad of.Win or lose on matchdays he is always cupping his ears to remind the players what us fans are wanting to see and cheer for.

The Owners now ? 8.5/10
    Like Farkes their input is measured and you get what it says on the can !

That is my opinion on what I have seen at games, heard and what others have observed and told me who are in and around the club since August 2023 till now Clive.
    Keep posting and keep in touch.

MOT

Aye don't get me wrong folks, he's got my full backing, all staff at Leeds United get my full backing, it's just some bumps along the way that have made me create this thread

Great analysis there Mrs O, breaking down different aspects and grading each of them

As said, generally speaking, he's done well so far, and I do still believe, despite our 3 current table rivals, that we will be promoted this season!

MOT!!!

Done well so far. We have to keep picking up as many points as possible for the rest of the season to see if any of the others stumble.
    I thought a quality LB should have been brought in in January due to Byram injury issues and Firpo not always convincing.
    Other than that let's see what happens at the end of the season.

Aye full backs is the only positions of concern now, Byram when fit has been really good, but has only been fit for half the games so far, Firpo offensively has been good but always ?s over his defensive work, and his side foot passing, always seems to go sideways or backwards lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)