+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wilson - Athletico Madrid

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I literally came on to see if there was anything on here after reading a Whatsapp about Wilson.

Actually, would we even notice his absence? His injury record is shocking. Much as he's good when he's fit, if we sold him and bought a younger, less injury-prone player, I'd be less bothered than I would if it was some of our other players, tbh.
    I think this is where I stand with Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Magzer View Post
    I think this is where I stand with Wilson.
    Me too. He’s been such an important part of our resurgence. A lot of goals from him when fit. He’s injured too often, but I love his type of player - nothing exceptional at first glance, but unlike so many other strikers, he gets the ball into the back of the net. Special talent in that regard.

No matter what happens I will always look very fondly at Wilson’s time here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Wilson could have two weeks off with a twisted sock and let’s be honest Isak isn’t much better

We need a striker that we can get 30 Premier League games out of
    What we need is a traditional striker with a traditional striker's build and and ability. A strong, tough, bustling chunky, no nonsense, Shearer, SuperMac type who gets stuck in and terrifies the opposing defence.

That type is worth a goal start considering the looking after they need from the other team.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    What we need is a traditional striker with a traditional striker's build and and ability. A strong, tough, bustling chunky, no nonsense, Shearer, SuperMac type who gets stuck in and terrifies the opposing defence.

That type is worth a goal start considering the looking after they need from the other team.
    What about broja at Chelsea, or bring Mitrovic back

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    Actually Mitro wouldn't be a bad shout, but he would cost the earth now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Not much.
    Good point!

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    Chelsea are rumoured to want around £55-60m for Broja
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armando_Broja
    Broja - Chelsea - Played 26 Goals 2
    Broja - Career - Played 88 Goals 18
    BROJA IS SH!TE - I really don't get the hype around this guy at all.

Big NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE from me!

Love me some Mitro but of all the players seemingly unhappy in Saudi, he is not one of them.

Doubt Al Hilal would want to lose him as he's banged in 17 goals in 17 matches!

Mitro would only be a loan. He doesn't really fit the EH style of play. Wouldn't make sense to sign him long term, IMO.
    Last edited by Ragatino; 21-01-2024 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Chelsea are rumoured to want around £55-60m for Broja
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armando_Broja
    Broja - Chelsea - Played 26 Goals 2
    Broja - Career - Played 88 Goals 18
    BROJA IS SH!TE - I really don't get the hype around this guy at all.

Big NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE from me!

Love me some Mitro but of all the players seemingly unhappy in Saudi, he is not one of them.

Doubt Al Hilal would want to lose him as he's banged in 17 goals in 17 matches!

Mitro would only be a loan. He doesn't really fit the EH style of play. Wouldn't make sense to sign him long term, IMO.
    Agreed, overrated as hell. Many of Chelsea's players are.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Agreed, overrated as hell. Many of Chelsea's players are.
    Have bo idea about this Broja lad, but to be honest Salah and De Bruyne were shyte at Chelsea as well

Quote Originally Posted by Marat18 View Post
    Have bo idea about this Broja lad, but to be honest Salah and De Bruyne were shyte at Chelsea as well
    Broja could develop into a good player at Chelsea or at another club, however I believe he is a result of Chelsea's naive recruitment policy in which they seem to be bringing in players for hugely inflated prices but with unknown talent and high expectations.De Bruyne played 425 minutes for Chelsea over 9 games, mainly as a sub. Salah player 882 minutes for Chelsea over 19 games with 2 goals and 6 assists to follow. I don't know how accurately you can assess a player by those stats. These two were hardly given a proper chance at Chelski.

Armando Broja has played 1.083 minutes for Chelsea over 36 games with 3 goals and two assists to follow. For a striker, I'd say those stats are talking far more against him than the Chelsea stats of Salah and De Bruyne, but you're right that some players who are considered flops, will grow into great players at other clubs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)