This may well be a thread that only attracts small interest on this board but both myself and Chop are very keen Trinity fans plus X11 Barnsley who contributes to the Prediction League .

However there may be some casual interest from non Rugby League fans because the 2024 Season is the beginning of story that may attract wider appeal and has a Barnsley connection .

New Trinity owner Matt Ellis is a South Kirby lad and has made his fortune in the kitchen business , in Rugby League terms he's proper minted and more importantly he's investing huge sums of money that hopefully will take Wakefield Trinity to the very top of Rugby League , a place the club haven't seen since the late 60's .

Do I care that Wakefield Trinity have a sugar daddy and are splashing the cash to achieve success ? , absolutely not .

I'll tell you why , the Trinity faithful deserve this , we haven't so much as competed in a Challenge Cup Final since 1979 , haven't won it since 1963 and haven't won the league since 1968 .

So what you might say , nobody has a given right to win anything and that's true but Wakefield Trinity are well overdue some real success and Wakefield are a proper club well capable of competing at the top with the fan base to back it up .

We begin life under Matt Ellis and new Head Coach Daryl Powell in the championship following our relegation from Super League last season , nearly £2m has already got invested in to the squad this winter , in Rugby League terms and championship terms this is phenomenal money .

The fans have backed the club with record ST sales , unheard of in Rugby League when a club is relegated from Super League .

We play Super League champions Wigan Warriors this Friday night in a pre season friendly which is also long serving Matty Ashurst's testimonial .

I'll be there , I've even attracted a couple of new fans who will be tagging along with me on Friday Night and attracted by what's happened at the club these last few months .