+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: O/T Official All Things Wakefield Trinity Thread And Others 2024 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Last thing we need is the poor very wet conditions as last time, slows the game down and allows the game to become an arm wrestle as you say mate. Interesting to hear how are new Aussie lad plays like if he gets the nod.

Think we will win this one.

Hope we perform and you enjoy the game Animal.

Be in HK in a few hours time and be able to bring myself up to date with all the various news that I cannot get access to here in China.
    On another matter Chop , the next two home games against Doncaster and York have been switched and are now away games with the games against Doncaster and York now home games later in the season .

Sounds like the contractors who built the new stand have c@cked up with the water supply and it's going to take weeks to solve the issue !!!!

Not the clubs fault of course but still very Trinity none the less .

Betfred Championship Round 2

Featherstone Rovers 12 - 20 Wakefield Trinity

A real blood and thunder derby game with driving rain most of the second half which made good Rugby League pretty difficult .

Trinity stood up to Fev's physicality which is what we didn't do three weeks ago in the Challenge Cup and came through with a huge win against one of the teams who are likely to challenge us .

The game was on a knife edge in the second half with Trinity leading 12 - 14 but Walmsley went over with 10 minutes to go and won the game for Trinity , Jowitt added the two extras .

Tough tough place to go is Fev and we've come through with a huge win against our local rivals and the team who will push us at the top of the championship .

Up The Trin .

Betfred Championship Round 3

Doncaster 6 - 42 Wakefield Trinity

Another very enjoyable afternoon watching the mighty Trin at the home of Doncaster Rovers at the Eco Power Stadium , as good a venue as you'll get in championship RL .

Trinity were way too good , too powerful , too quick and that's with another couple of gears in them if we needed it .

3 games , 3 wins and top of the league and a position we are unlikely to relinquish in my opinion .

Yeah everything looks good except for some water problems in the new stand.
    This Sundays game against York has been moved to an away fixture in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by x11barnsley View Post
    Yeah everything looks good except for some water problems in the new stand.
    This Sundays game against York has been moved to an away fixture in the meantime.
    Am away till 1st week of May x11 so suits me that a couple of games have been switched to away games due to the water problems.

With pitches getting dryer now I can see us getting a couple of cricket scores soon.

Betfred Championship Round 4

York Knights 6 Wakefield Trinity 50

A very enjoyable afternoon in York at their impressive stadium that they share with York City , nice little set up that .

Other than the first ten minutes when Trinity put themselves under pressure by not coming to terms with the wind it was a really comfortable victory for the Trin .

Lachlan Walmsley helped himself to four tries and that's four**** for the season already .

However my man of the match was Max Jowitt who was simply unplayable today .

The question is can we win every game this season ?

I'd go as far as to say it's most certainly possible .

Happy Days Animal.

Yes it's a nice Community stadium they have in York, I went to the Cup game there earlier in the season.

6 players missing from the original 1 - 13 squad number players yesterday so the strength of the squad also looking good which is very important.

Great to see Liam Kay back after injury talented player who being so versatile is a great option to have on the bench.

Just Luke Bain now to make his debut, nearly fit after a bad injury but will have to be patient to get a game. A very strong forward squad we have.

Wakefield Trinity have announced plans to build a Sports Bar and Grill which will stand at the side of the new Neil Fox Stand with the new Trinity Superstore also forming part of the development .

There is also a stand to be built that will be the first phase in filling the corners in between the Neil Fox Stand and the South Corporate boxes .

The Sports Bar and Grill is a tremendous idea and will be called Legends , it will be open 7 days a week .

Barnsley Football Club take note .

Betfred Championship Round 5

Batley Bulldogs 14 - 34 Wakefield Trinity

Well you'd think this was another Sunday afternoon stroll for the Mighty Trin going on the final score .

It most certainly was not , when they say teams play on a sloping pitch you'd imagine they are all like Fev , a slight incline , that is until you rock up at Mount Pleasant and you can hardly believe what you are seeing , it's not a slope it's a bloody hill and Batley know how to play it .

It's the oldest ground in the Rugby League and better teams than Trinity have come unstuck here .

At 14-12 to Batley early in the second half and Trinity playing up the hill I'm fearing the worst , we hadn't got going playing down the hill first half so going up it would be difficult .

Thankfully Trinity got their act together and scored four unanswered tries which delighted the huge travelling Trinity contingent .

Absolutely beautiful spring afternoon with the sun beating down all afternoon at a class and historic RL venue .

The Batley club couldn't have been more friendly and accommodating , top class snap inside the ground , the pork and stuffing sandwich was quality and with beer at £3 a pint you couldn't go wrong .

The Batley coffers will be swelled too with their highest gate for many a long year and hopefully it will keep this fantastic and historic club going .

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast