+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: O/T Official All Things Wakefield Trinity Thread And Others 2024 Season

Good to read the above mate, glad you had a good time.

I stayed up to see the ticker tape scores being updated on Trinity X and after a wobble we came out worthy winners but for sure you get no freebies at Batley, credit to them.

Whilst we do not want to be in the Championship I think it's a great opportunity for the club to re-group which they are doing big time thanks to the takeover by Matt Ellis. Also to be able to visit some old historical clubs. The last time I went to Batley Don Fox was playing for them!

Next up Toulouse and only our second league game at home this season due to the water works issues. I will be working in China so a 1am kick off local time could well be a problem.

Betfred Championship Round 6

Wakefield Trinity 28 - 12 Toulouse

A very chilly evening at Belle Vue , it fair got in to my old bones tonight , I thought this was a bloody summer game ?

Another one of our potential rivals for promotion back to Super League beaten tonight although as ever we made it harder for ourselves than it actually was .

Toulouse levelled at 12 - 12 with kick to come half way through the second half , missed the conversion to go ahead and consequently Trinity stepped up and scored three unanswered tries in the last 20 minutes .

Walmsley's second try of the evening and 16th of the season was pure class , there simply wasn't any room in the corner but he touched down none the less with his body displaying agility that you can't believe is possible .

6 wins out of 6 and we go to Sheffield Eagles next Friday tonight to face the only other unbeaten team in the championship unless they surprisingly lose at home to Barrow tomorrow afternoon .

A good result in the end then Animal. With the 7 hour time difference did not stay up for the game commentary.

Not too convincing but another 2 points.

My feeling is that Sheffield could well be the toughest game of the season so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    A good result in the end then Animal. With the 7 hour time difference did not stay up for the game commentary.

Not too convincing but another 2 points.

My feeling is that Sheffield could well be the toughest game of the season so far.
    In my opinion Chop hiring Daryl Powell as HC is proving to be a real smart decision from Matt Ellis .

Powell's experience of the Championship at Fev is pure gold dust , it isn't so much that the Championship is a tough league but more the different challenges it throws at you every week and how you overcome them .

Toulouse defended their line brilliantly in that first half and were well aware of our strengths especially on that really productive left edge we have , they were reading our plays and shut us down , the try we did score in that first half was from Toulouse possession in our half and Jowit came off the line and intercepted a pass on to Walmsley who ran 60 yards to touch down .

We changed tactics in the second half and got the forwards running on good lines and Toulouse couldn't handle them , Atoni on the crash ball ten metres from the line isn't something many teams can stop .

In my opinion the forwards are Super League ready , they are getting better every game but there's work to be done in the halfs , Lino is a frustrating player and this is probably Gale's last season given his age .

We keep finding a way to win comfortably in the end but that's down to Powell identifying what needs to change .

Sheffield Eagles will be tough but I expect us to get through yet another different kind of challenge on that artificial surface .

Up The Trin .

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910