+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: St Johnstone v Aberdeen

We are simply going nowhere with Robson. Just continues to baffle me with not seeing what everyone else sees. Roos will be no loss in the summer when he goes. Can't see him staying but as i say no loss. Thought Polvara was terrible last night with McGrath equally poor. First half absolutely dire. Yes we had most of the ball but no tempo, no urgency to get forward. Hopeless. Benefitted from 2 well dodgy VAR decisions. Nae idea what Beaton was doing there. Maybe he's found out he's in charge at Ibrox in a couple of weeks against us and thought he better give us something to night as he wont give us anything there. Terrible crowd too. 3472.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I really can’t see why anyone would think we have a good squad. Is it because we have paid money for some of these players?

It’s starting to remind me of the dark days of Aitken and Miller when we were spending decent money on players that were a bunch of duds.

The only good player we have is Miovski. Duk is good on his day and Barron has the potential to be a good player but the rest are average at best. Even that’s a compliment to some of them.
    Absolutely this ^^^^

We have some good individuals (on their days - which are far too infrequent).

What we don't have is a good squad. This squad is completely unbalanced and just cannot play together. It doesn't work. It's clear as day.

That's mainly on the manager, but the recruitment side needs a right good kick up the arse as well cause the recruitment has for the most part this year been abysmal.

Pieandbovrilman made a good point re "who do we replace him with?" cause there's no outstanding candidates and lets be honest, who trusts Dave (and that fuuckin gype Milne remember) to get it right.

One thing it won't cost is a fortune though. One of the few sensible things Dave has done re managerial appointments was to give this clueless loser only a 2 year contract. I thought at the time it showed the level of faith he had in him - a level of faith which has been sadly proved correct.

So it won't cost that much to get rid. What will cost money is keeping him. We've already pretty much blown the £5m from 3rd place for next year, so how much more money is that clown gonna be allowed to cost us before sanity prevails...

I think that rather than gaining ground on Hearts, we will actually drop further behind them in the next two to three weeks as we have Hearts, Dundee, Celtic and Rangers in the next four league games. With the way we are currently playing, I don’t see us picking up more than 2 to 4 points in those games.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    I think that rather than gaining ground on Hearts, we will actually drop further behind them in the next two to three weeks as we have Hearts, Dundee, Celtic and Rangers in the next four league games. With the way we are currently playing, I don’t see us picking up more than 2 to 4 points in those games.
    3 points max - even that's a stretch tbh.

Should surely be the end for Robson - only positive I can see...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    3 points max - even that's a stretch tbh.

Should surely be the end for Robson - only positive I can see...
    I agree. That would give us 4 points from an available 15 points from five games! Shocking thought going into the second half of the season - but, “we’ll be alright you know”.

Hearts are going to pump us.

I honestly don't feel we have a bad squad for the league we are in, I just think it our our manager being incompetent.

We needed to win last night to have any sort of chance, however small, of the hold grail of a third placed finish, but I had a feeling Levein and his team would get the better of us and we were lucky to get a point.

Saturday is massive again and lose it and things could be turning ugly. Cormack, Burrows and others around Pittodrie may think all is well, but been a while since I have felt fans so p*ssed off.

Just had my email for me to reserve my tickets for the Bonnyrigg cup game and like a fool I am signed up!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    I honestly don't feel we have a bad squad for the league we are in, I just think it our our manager being incompetent.

We needed to win last night to have any sort of chance, however small, of the hold grail of a third placed finish, but I had a feeling Levein and his team would get the better of us and we were lucky to get a point.

Saturday is massive again and lose it and things could be turning ugly. Cormack, Burrows and others around Pittodrie may think all is well, but been a while since I have felt fans so p*ssed off.

Just had my email for me to reserve my tickets for the Bonnyrigg cup game and like a fool I am signed up!
    For sure we have areas in the team that need to be strengthened with better players e.g. left back but there is no doubt that Robson is getting nowhere near the potential out of the existing squad due to a combination of poor tactics, inability to motivate and in some cases poor fitness levels. Whilst Robson is clearly a novice and usually that means you give someone extra support and time there seems to me little likelihood that he has the ability to grow into the job as there is little evidence of any improvement in his managerial abilities over the last year or that he learns from mistakes. The sooner we put him (and us) out of his misery the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    For sure we have areas in the team that need to be strengthened with better players e.g. left back but there is no doubt that Robson is getting nowhere near the potential out of the existing squad due to a combination of poor tactics, inability to motivate and in some cases poor fitness levels. Whilst Robson is clearly a novice and usually that means you give someone extra support and time there seems to me little likelihood that he has the ability to grow into the job as there is little evidence of any improvement in his managerial abilities over the last year or that he learns from mistakes. The sooner we put him (and us) out of his misery the better.
    I agree insomuch as if you are promoting an inexperienced manager into the hotseat, you surround him with the correct support network to give that individual the best chance of success.

We gave him Aggers but digging into his career does not seem to indicate any level of coaching an attractive way of playing. And then there’s Leven.

However, the bottom line is he is miles and miles away from showing even the merest glimpse of possessing the capability of leading us to greater heights, so get him out now.

The youth coaches can take the Hearts game and then a caretaker for the Dundee game, until such time as a permanent manager can be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Even with the little etiquette things he’s not learning from his mistakes such as you don’t keep scratching your neck, picking your nose and flicking the bounty, blowing snot from one nostril whilst covering the other, pulling at his ears etc. I’d wager that he farts like f*** and scratches his balls in front of the TV on Saturday nights too!?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast