+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lang

Lang

He has now put in a transfer request and Portsmouth have officially contacted Wigan about their interest. We are rumoured to be interested and so are Derby, with us bottom of the Championship and those two good candidates for promotion, do we have a chance? No news of an official contact from us, but we do have LR his ex-boss

What do we think?

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...county-4491045

https://the72.co.uk/2024/01/24/wigan...m-25-year-old/

If they want money for him then our chance is zero.

Could LR have got any sway on him coming to us? If it's all down to wages, are we in a position to match offers made by Portsmouth/Derby? We have moved three out so that's surely some wages going spare?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Could LR have got any sway on him coming to us? If it's all down to wages, are we in a position to match offers made by Portsmouth/Derby? We have moved three out so that's surely some wages going spare?
    It’s not just wages though he’s got 18 months left on his contract so there will be a fee as well.

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    It’s not just wages though he’s got 18 months left on his contract so there will be a fee as well.
    Swap with Eaves?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Swap with Eaves?
    Don’t think they would fall for that. 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    Don’t think they would fall for that. ��
    Thought I'd just throw it in there....

As crookadile says they will want a decent fee so this is not going to happen. Even if it just came down to wages there's no way we will match Portsmouth or Derby . Exchange deal would be the only possibility. Lindsay ?

I don't think they're trying that hard for additions in this window tbh and in some ways,I don't blame them.Any signing we do make on a permanent basis such as Lang will be for League 1. We are currently averaging 0.68 ppg after 28. We have Southampton,Leeds,Hull and Ipswich all in the next 5 games. If we picked up 3 points from those fixtures we would be averaging the same ppg average after 32. To get to 48 points after 46 games we would have to average 1.86 ppg,and 48 won't always be enough to stay up. Other than borrow the entire Man City squad for a few hours every matchday,I can't see for the life of me how 2 or 3 extra bodies can make that difference up!

You would think the presence of LR should have some sway in a convincing aspect,he is from Liverpool but not sure of his current base,maybe Portsmouth is a big move away for him..

What we don’t want to get into is a bidding war,said this before the Jan transfer window is awful buying window,if we make an offer then stick to a figure,think Swiss tony will be wary of the price tag and outlay of nombe with little return so far…

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast