+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trippier move to Munich

Trippier move to Munich

Officially off, finished. Thank goodness. Last report from the Chronicle

"It was the will he/won't he saga that had threatened to run into next week and dominate the agenda during two crucial upcoming games, but now it seems the Kieran Trippier saga surrounding a proposed move to Bayern Munich is over.

In just 15 words Bayern have officially ended their interest and explained their reasoning, with it looking very apparent to the German side that they were not going to get their way with Newcastle not budging on a sale.

It will be a relief to Eddie Howe, who can at least put this one to bed as he tries to get his side ready for this weekend's game at Fulham on Saturday evening."

Think the media and other fans in general would have been delighted to see him go because of what he represents, which is way more than just his net worth or how he plays.

He's staying.

So fuck them.

I hope he stays with us in some capacity long after his playing days are finished. His presence at this club will always prove to be positive no matter what his duties are.

Love to know why he was thinking of moving. I asked Chatgp but it didn’t know😄!
    Any rumors why there?

You’d imagine he thought about it, he’d be mad not to.

They all want to stay, that’s a credit to Howe and the club I think it’s great.

Stick with what we’ve got as I said before there’s rule changes are on the horizon, the summer will be different.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Love to know why he was thinking of moving. I asked Chatgp but it didn’t know��!
    Any rumors why there?
    I don't suppose it ever entered his mind until the interest from B.Munich became apparent. An then once that happened it would have been unnatural not to even consider the pros and cons, without even wanting to move.

I hope this ends the drama about our key players. Miggy still ongoing but not such a big mind numb.
    Trippier is key to us so I'm glad he's staying and I'm hoping he was only flattered by Bayern's approach but focused on his career with us.

As phoney said above it is a credit to Howe and co and I also think it's fantastic.
    I think the club's doing just enough to get the house in order ready for their financial fair play restart.

Quote Originally Posted by Magzer View Post
    I hope this ends the drama about our key players. Miggy still ongoing but not such a big mind numb.
    Trippier is key to us so I'm glad he's staying and I'm hoping he was only flattered by Bayern's approach but focused on his career with us.

As phoney said above it is a credit to Howe and co and I also think it's fantastic.
    I think the club's doing just enough to get the house in order ready for their financial fair play restart.
    New from the Chronicle stating that Trippier wasn't interested in a move to B.Munich.

"It is understood that Trippier never pushed for a move to Bayern Munich but the German side were content to push bids as far as around £13million for his services. That would have given Newcastle their money back on the star after two years in the Premier League.

But Eddie Howe was keen to put up a fight and retain his services as Toon chiefs frantically look at ways to hand him spending power in this window. Bayern stood up Chronicle Live's story on their interest in Trippier last night but then stated they want to move on."

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    New from the Chronicle stating that Trippier wasn't interested in a move to B.Munich.

"It is understood that Trippier never pushed for a move to Bayern Munich but the German side were content to push bids as far as around £13million for his services. That would have given Newcastle their money back on the star after two years in the Premier League.

But Eddie Howe was keen to put up a fight and retain his services as Toon chiefs frantically look at ways to hand him spending power in this window. Bayern stood up Chronicle Live's story on their interest in Trippier last night but then stated they want to move on."
    I hope that's true because it'll nail his colours to our mast and that's mighty fine by me.

Agreed.

Pleased it's supposidly over, however, if something happens with their move for the PSG player I could see them coming back with only last bid on the last day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)