+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hurst

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    You could probably say that of 80% of football managers.
    As low as that?

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    He had 2 spells at Grimsby. Was sacked second time round, as Tigerish says second time rarely works. From Grimsby he went to Scunny and was sacked there as well. When he was at Shrews he had quite a few quality loan players. Might not be the same this time round.
    It's a great point Croc,they had some incredible loan players that season that propelled them towards the top of the League. Dean Henderson,Ben Godfrey,Carlton Morris. We did well to beat em!

Good luck to him, keeps getting jobs so must interview well.

On the Ipswich spell, he couldn't have gone to that club at a worse time. They had no money and were on a big downward spiral, that's why he got the chance there. Failing to get a side out of L1 would not have been a good enough resume to get a job there ordinarily. Hence he didn't last long. Back on their uppers now though.

Good luck to him, a great miller and my dads favourite player.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    Good luck to him, keeps getting jobs so must interview well.

On the Ipswich spell, he couldn't have gone to that club at a worse time. They had no money and were on a big downward spiral, that's why he got the chance there. Failing to get a side out of L1 would not have been a good enough resume to get a job there ordinarily. Hence he didn't last long. Back on their uppers now though.

Confused by this. Do you mean on the up? Or is it that Ipswich are going broke despite doing well in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Confused by this. Do you mean on the up? Or is it that Ipswich are going broke despite doing well in the league?
    That’s exactly what I thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    Indeed.

If you don't back yourself then why should anyone else? Rules to live by those.

If you fail, you fail. I'd rather try and fail than not try.
    Agree with that 100%

Before I started in business I always said I didn’t want to be one the old gits sat in the bottom club at Thurcroft saying “I could’ve done that”
    So the motto should be: “If you don’t give it a go you’ll never know”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12