+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- True justice has not been served

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I have to agree.
    So sorry for your disappointment. Here's hoping Barrow don't double it tomorrow.
    Btw I always match any OT post with a Notts comment.
    I thought that our location - Nottingham - gave the subject an extra topicality.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    God forbid a topical debate that some might like to indulge in ?!
    I think the problem is it wouldn't be a debate, the content matter is just too emotive for a debate to happen.

Hiding behind a mental illness defence is totally wrong. In my opinion anyone who purposely takes a life is mentally ill as nobody in their right mind would do such a thing. He should be locked up for life with no chance of parole.

Has justice been served in regard to his sentence? It's very difficult to know without reading all the court reports and knowing the procedures that the judge must follow.

Has justice been seen to be served? Absolutely not.

It seems like the victims families have been kept very much in the dark right up until the last minute which is totally unacceptable in a case like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I think the problem is it wouldn't be a debate, the content matter is just too emotive for a debate to happen.
    That's absolutely a debate to be had about mental illness, about treatment and services, the nature and extent of criminal responsibility, the purpose of the criminal justice system, the rights of victims and victims' families.

But like ncfcog and others, I don't feel like having that debate right now.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    No, it isn't. It's a genuine attempt to find out what others think. How on earth could it 'create a reaction that suits the poster'?
    You don't do genuine. You do politics from an angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Newish Pie View Post
    That's absolutely a debate to be had about mental illness, about treatment and services, the nature and extent of criminal responsibility, the purpose of the criminal justice system, the rights of victims and victims' families.

But like ncfcog and others, I don't feel like having that debate right now.
    Agreed.

Mental illness is a very complex area, we might have different views (especially if we have been affected personally or through a close relative or friend).

This isn't the right place to discuss it imo.

Well from my perspective I cannot understand why people don't want the post up unless it gives them some trauma etc. There are much worse levels of garbage written in some of the other O/T posts. And as Sid mentions it is in Nottingham. Yes he has done some posts like this to get the blood boiling but not this one really. If you don't like it you can ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Well from my perspective I cannot understand why people don't want the post up unless it gives them some trauma etc. There are much worse levels of garbage written in some of the other O/T posts. And as Sid mentions it is in Nottingham. Yes he has done some posts like this to get the blood boiling but not this one really. If you don't like it you can ignore it.

Yes, like the endless bl00dy puns.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Yes, like the endless bl00dy puns.
    You mean the endless bloody poms mate. Hot enough for you this summer? Been a absolute stinker.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast