+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yasir Al-Rumayyan

Yasir Al-Rumayyan

He's in London this week.

Also, interestingly - as pointed out to me elsewhere - in other windows we've done deals late; Bruno and Gordon etc.

So late in the window and our chairman is suddenly in person in the UK.

Also, a Saudi Armco jet landed in Newcastle this eve and you have Mandy back at Alnwick castle in their meeting room, were lots of Toon meetings were held last year.

Could all be nothing but I like to believe otherwise.

I love this sort of stuff. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I love this sort of stuff. ��
    I'm thinking Yasir Al-Rumayyan would be holding meetings with the Reuben brothers in London?

The power brokers of this club would be very concerned with what's transpiring right now thanks to our form, injuries and FFP. Clubs like Bournemouth, Wolves are breathing down our neck, Villa and Brighton are now better run than us! And the big six are also above us.

However, I have just read that Yasir has touched down in Newcastle, according to the Telegraph's Luke Edwards:
    Speaking on the BBC’s Transfer Gossip Daily podcast, he believes Newcastle are the club to watch over the coming days, revealing that we are expected to launch late bids for Everton’s Amadou Onana or Nottingham Forest’s Morgan Gibbs-White if we can secure a sale to boost our finances.

He could “definitely see that Onana deal happening” if we sell one of Callum Wilson or Miguel Almiron over the next week, feeling the club will test Everton’s resolve. However, the Blues’ £60m asking price will need to come down.
    Last edited by toonozandy; 26-01-2024 at 05:11 AM.

Like Jammy and I have pointed out; we will bring in a couple of players this window Just you wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Like Jammy and I have pointed out; we will bring in a couple of players this window Just you wait and see.
    It's always been done and dusted under cover, each window with purchases, the outside world, and the media do not have an inkling.

I feel we will be strengthened sufficiently and with a few regularly returning from injury, we'll have a modest climb up the table to finish in a respectable position.

I think our financial situation regarding FFP might not offer us any foothold in this January market except for low budget buys or youth acquisitions.
    The way forward to cover may well be down to a loan of two.

I think the summer's when we can restart against with a new 3 year FFP isn't it?

As far as I know, FFP doesn't mean we cannot spend any money this window. That's not the situation we're in.

The deficit that was presented earlier this year from last year's accounts means that we are much more limited in what we spend. Not that we cannot spend anything at all.

As far as I know, FFP doesn't mean we cannot spend any money this window. That's not the situation we're in.

The deficit that was presented earlier this year from last year's accounts means that we are much more limited in what we spend. Not that we cannot spend anything at all.
    I think you've summed that up correctly Hughie.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    I think you've summed that up correctly Hughie.
    Well there's a first time for everything I suppose

Well there's a first time for everything I suppose
    I admire your modesty Hughie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)