+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jettisoning wages.

Question Jettisoning wages.

I did not sleep well last night the brain would not switch off.
    Questions pinging around the old brain.
    Are we skint?
    Can we field a full bench?
    How many more wages are being jettisoned this month?
    Are the pies going up in price?
    Does anyone really know what they are doing at Burnley Football Club?
    Answers on a postcard please.

Join the club,my brain never switches off.,and when I do eventually sleep I wake up for a p!ss. 🫣

Nothing to lose sleep over there mon ami, we don't have a pot to piss in, but Mr Pace lives in a world where operating with borrowed money is standard accepted practice, and while ALK can use Turf Moor and Gawthorpe as collateral there will be no shortage of loan sharks/finance companies happy to lend us the money to keep us operating as a going concern. Whether this counts as being skint or not I don't know.

I don't see much evidence of wages being jettisoned, I made three predictions for this month, Obafemi would not go out on loan, Zaroury would not go out on loan and Brownhill would not be going to Wolves. Zaroury and Brownhill are still here so two out of three ain't bad.

The price of pies is only relevant to the level of hunger and number of pints supped. After four pints and nothing to eat since breakfast time, no price is too high to pay for a growler.

I am sure those running BFC know what they want to do, whether they can achieve it, or are even going the right way about achieving it, is another matter entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Nothing to lose sleep over there mon ami, we don't have a pot to piss in, but Mr Pace lives in a world where operating with borrowed money is standard accepted practice, and while ALK can use Turf Moor and Gawthorpe as collateral there will be no shortage of loan sharks/finance companies happy to lend us the money to keep us operating as a going concern. Whether this counts as being skint or not I don't know.

I don't see much evidence of wages being jettisoned, I made three predictions for this month, Obafemi would not go out on loan, Zaroury would not go out on loan and Brownhill would not be going to Wolves. Zaroury and Brownhill are still here so two out of three ain't bad.

The price of pies is only relevant to the level of hunger and number of pints supped. After four pints and nothing to eat since breakfast time, no price is too high to pay for a growler.

I am sure those running BFC know what they want to do, whether they can achieve it, or are even going the right way about achieving it, is another matter entirely.
    What on earth are we doing with Weghorst?

Why are we treating Benson and Zaroury so shabbily?

Why can't CJ Riley and Massengo get a game?

Anyway, I'll sleep tonight because hopefully I will be in Malaga.

I can never remember a time when everybody was so confused about what the hell is going on at BFC.

Never mind our team, just make sure the pies are giving value for money! Unlike our team right now.

Keep worrying if it makes you happy. Que sera, sera and life will go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Keep worrying if it makes you happy. Que sera, sera and life will go on.
    I worry if there's nowt to worry about mein freund.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I worry if there's nowt to worry about mein freund.
    LOL ---just get yourself on holiday and enjoy yourself. I sail on Saturday and will be doing the same.

Sadly I'll be flying back from France on Monday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)