+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Hearts v Aberdeen

awww jeezy peeps mann

Don’t know what to say, really. Loved the first half and we should have gone in at least 1-0 up. But once they scored we just folded and as others have said the 4-2-4 was just asking for us to be picked off, particularly leaving Shinnie on rather than Barron.

Thought the defence looked a wee bit more solid today?

Just can’t figure out what’s going on in Robson’s head. Not a lot, maybe?

Stolen from Twitter....

Aberdeen after 20 league games in each of the last 10 seasons:

2014/15 - 43pts
    2015/16 - 42pts
    2016/17 - 37pts
    2017/18 - 39pts
    2018/19 - 36pts
    2019/20 - 35pts
    2020/21 - 36pts
    2021/22 - 27pts
    2022/23 - 26pts
    2023/24 - 23pts

That is some slide, a lot worse than I thought and another nail in the coffin for Robson and those above.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Just can’t figure out what’s going on in Robson’s head. Not a lot, maybe?
    I don't know, but apparently he's often trying to pick it out through his lugs.

Quote Originally Posted by swaddon2 View Post
    I don't know, but apparently he's often trying to pick it out through his lugs.
    He’s long since emptied any remaining grey matter. Evidently didn’t have much there from the outset.

I'm pretty patient in general, I even felt Glass should have got more time to see that weird experiment through but I'm done with Barry now

He's had his time on the training pitch which he seemed to highlight constantly as what would lead to better results - it hasn't

He's had plenty of resources, money to spend, transfer windows and arguably our best striker this millennium - to no avail

He's had plenty of time, the fans and club have been patient with him but time to go now.

Regardless of how far off 3rd we are the team does not look like its progressing or improving. Issues in defence have not been resolved and a big squad has been utilised poorly. Tactics although recently changed were bullishly held to for too long and there isn't a clear alternative.

I think Barry in time will go on to have a modest career in football as a coach/ floating manager in the lower leagues of Scotland and England but not here.

To the tune of John Brown's Body (glory hallelujah) ...

Faaars ma punts Ah need a weee weee
    an' its rin-nin doon ma leg

Happy clapin', clapin', happy clap
    Talk about a team you think are ace
    You've got to have denial
    If you don't have denial
    How you gonna think they're doin' fine

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbe_stats View Post
    I'm pretty patient in general, I even felt Glass should have got more time to see that weird experiment through but I'm done with Barry now

He's had his time on the training pitch which he seemed to highlight constantly as what would lead to better results - it hasn't

He's had plenty of resources, money to spend, transfer windows and arguably our best striker this millennium - to no avail

He's had plenty of time, the fans and club have been patient with him but time to go now.

Regardless of how far off 3rd we are the team does not look like its progressing or improving. Issues in defence have not been resolved and a big squad has been utilised poorly. Tactics although recently changed were bullishly held to for too long and there isn't a clear alternative.

I think Barry in time will go on to have a modest career in football as a coach/ floating manager in the lower leagues of Scotland and England but not here.
    Bar the Glass part I agree.

We were the better team yesterday until they scored and from that point onwards there was only going to be one winner.

Miovski scored a great goal and not seen the replay, but it looked as though it should have stood. Maybe Karma from Wednesday night.

I certainly don't think he has lost the dressing room though and that alone makes me suspect we are stuck with him.

He looks lost on the touchline and can't seem to turn games around and when we need something different on the park, he just goes for the obvious time after time, which rarely ever works.

Dundee will be interesting on Tuesday. We really need the three points on Tuesday night, but more for the fans and the club than the manager.

To be fair ma punts are only half wet from pish, the other half is due to bitter tears of frustration

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast