+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

Robson sacked - on club website

Peter Leven and Scott Anderson will take charge for now.

All the best Barry - thanks for some great memories (alongside the ones I'll block out)

I can't remember being so excited for a new season since the one after we won the league cup but what a shocker its been

I still think this squad has some excellent talent and with the right manager could achieve something special

I'm so tired of these false dawns though Dave - this is surely your last chance to get it right, I'm hoping with Burrows properly in place now he leaves the prawcess entirely up to him

I'm making no predictions or throwing any names out there as I really have no idea who would come based on:
    a) our budget
    b) who's available
    c) managing in a pretty poor league
    d) having to live in Aberdeen (despite my love for the place I am acutely aware many people do not share that sentiment).

I will await Red John's short list with eager anticipation and monitor those names closely.

That’s the 3rd manager in a row that’s only lasted a year.What an absolute arse Cormack is making out of himself and the club.

Whoever he brings in next he would be better off giving him a 1 year deal because he’s probably not going to last longer than that.

This is the worst part of it all. The waiting on seeing who takes over and what happens in the interim.

I have no idea whatsoever as to who we could realistically get, but I'd be happy if none of the usual suspects are chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    This is the worst part of it all. The waiting on seeing who takes over and what happens in the interim.

I have no idea whatsoever as to who we could realistically get, but I'd be happy if none of the usual suspects are chosen.
    McInnes, seriously, May be a possibility but I have a feeling he wouldn’t want the job and that he and DC didn’t get on.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    That’s the 3rd manager in a row that’s only lasted a year.What an absolute arse Cormack is making out of himself and the club.

Whoever he brings in next he would be better off giving him a 1 year deal because he’s probably not going to last longer than that.

I agree with you. Cormack isn’t fit to choose the Aberdeen manager…look at the people he has surrounded himself with on the boardroom etc…not fit for purpose.

I can certainly imagine the list of incumbents who will think they have a chance of getting the managerial gig. Ambition needs real desire and money in Scottish football…Aberdeen don’t have any real ambition. Our expectations are extremely low, our managerial candidates will be of that ilk.

CORMACK/GUNN/MILNE/BURROWS OUT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

Hmmmm. Great timing, not . Last day of the transfer window . So no-one else coming in then.

Celtic , then Rangers away. ( With weegie Refs no doubt ? Beaton is a stick on ...)

So best of luck to our caretaker management team.

Ach, you never know , eh ?

( I`d love for Warnock to come in till end of season. He would at least rile them all up . Reckon he adopts the k.i.s.s. methods. ....well, a shade more organised than " run about a bit ?!! )

I'd like to thank Barry for giving us Europe, unfortunately that's where he peaked and should have taken it no further. With that said, nobody could argue against giving him the job at the time but this season has been a farce and we should have let him go long ago. He never really had a plan B. Inexperienced managers should not be given the main role at our club, it's too big a job to have to do that much learning on the job.

In regards to the next appointment, I'm sincerely hoping Big Dave says to himself "what have I been doing in these situations with the last three attempts? I need to do the complete opposite of that". Even if that means completely leaving the decision to people who have actual experience and expertise in appointing football managers.

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast