+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Warnock till the summer please. I’d crack open the popcorn for that.
    I would like that as well unless we can get a real talented manager in straight away. Warnock would certainly be more entertaining as our manager than all the other names listed that have previous links to Scottish football.
    If we are even considering any of those donkeys we should really just chuck it.

Anybody know anything about this Rhys McCabe bloke at Airdrie?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Anybody know anything about this Rhys McCabe bloke at Airdrie?
    Is that a general enquiry or have you heard something?
    I know very little other than for the first time in their existence, Airdrie are apparently playing "nice" possession football. They've been able to dominate games against the "better" sides in the league and instead of being promotion cannon fodder have done better than expected.
    So no.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Hmmm ... pretty poor o' AFC nae tae bother replyin' tae Warnock re. his application, but ... ffs .... he loves Rangers!! ... so he can f*ck off.
    A lot of guffs class Rangers as their favourite Scottish team. It's up to us good guys to explain the rancidness of Rangers, either the old or new version.

I have successfully got two guffs I worked with to change their Scottish team allegiance to the good guys.

If Warnock came here, he would pick up on our hatred of them very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    If Warnock came here, he would pick up on our hatred of them very quickly.
    If he disna ken already, then Ah would question his understandin' o' Scottish fitba in general .... Ah'm sure his bum chum Coisty would hae at least mentioned it in passin. Ah smell hunnishness so he can f*ck off.

I see Lennon is heavily linked with us again.

If he were to take it he could very well get off to a good start.

But when it goes bad and it it will at some point, it will get toxic very quickly.

Last thing we need is a manager who would split the fan base.

But when it goes bad and it it will at some point, it will get toxic very quickly.

That’s going to happen whoever gets the job.It always does.

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    Is that a general enquiry or have you heard something?
    I know very little other than for the first time in their existence, Airdrie are apparently playing "nice" possession football. They've been able to dominate games against the "better" sides in the league and instead of being promotion cannon fodder have done better than expected.
    So no.
    He was mentioned as a potential candidate somewhere on the interweb. Seems to talk a decent game.

Over the years there has been regular discussion about the many negatives about Lennon, but lets just be clear he has failed at every club he has been at other than the tims when he had every advantage under the sun so it wasn't down to his managerial ability. When he did have to rely on that he got sacked in every job. Even the tim fans I know hated him as their manager. Absolutely NO

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    Over the years there has been regular discussion about the many negatives about Lennon, but lets just be clear he has failed at every club he has been at other than the tims when he had every advantage under the sun so it wasn't down to his managerial ability. When he did have to rely on that he got sacked in every job. Even the tim fans I know hated him as their manager. Absolutely NO
    Nae arguments from me.

He had a half decent spell at Hibs, which went sour and his return to Celtic tainted anything he may have done with them first time around.

Throw in shyte spells at Bolton and in Cyprus makes it hard to see me where the love in for him comes from with some fans.

Only pointing out that IF he did get it, the fall out when it goes wrong will be really bad.

Even worse than usual.

Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast