+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    You are absolutely spot in there. Whoever comes in is going to have a massive turnaround of players in the summer yet again and the chances are we are going to struggle next season.

I think we need to give the next manager time to build the squad over a few seasons but if we are struggling next season then some fans will be calling for manager to be sacked by January / February time.
    I think generally we lack backbone and fighting spirit as a team and I think that if fans see positive changes happening in that direction , a team that doesn't crumble when we lose an "unfair" goal or don't get a decision , a team that aren't bottlers then fans will give the new manager time.
    We should however be "expecting" to sit in top six pre xmas,and if not be bl##dy close
    The current squad being described as a nice bunch of lads to me is a problem because we are over run by teams that are not nice.
    We need players who will get stuck in when required like tattie , simmie ,lee richardson.
    That all said I still want flair players and attractive football but that I thinks comes from a team which is mentally and physically tough

Who's next!?

I'm afraid this could end up being popcorn teeth.
    Hope to ***c not!

Quote Originally Posted by ulladon View Post
    I'm afraid this could end up being popcorn teeth.
    Hope to ***c not!
    That's my first thought and fear.

Just make it stop.

Sick of hearing about this.
    The club aren't covering themselves with glory here.

You have to fear we are going down the Lennon route.

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    That's my first thought and fear.
    Seconded

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Just make it stop.

Sick of hearing about this.
    The club aren't covering themselves with glory here.

I'm choosing to see this as an entirely logical move. He was brought in to get us into the top six and still be fighting for a euro spot going into the last five games. With that dead in the water there's very little benefit in having an interim manager, when it should now be about preparing for next season. If we don't appoint one in the next week then fair enough, it's probably all *******s and not part of any coherent strategy. Like I said, I'm willing myself to believe for now that it's actually quite sensible.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Yeah, that was my immediate thought too! Hope to god not.

If it is, part of me wants to never watch the dons again. Another part of me wants to get onboard with it and give him my backing whilst he's here.

But please no.

Quote Originally Posted by WhenTattieFlooredChas View Post
    Yeah, that was my immediate thought too! Hope to god not.

If it is, part of me wants to never watch the dons again. Another part of me wants to get onboard with it and give him my backing whilst he's here.

But please no.
    Yes, fearing the worst, but he might just improve us!? He’d end up being accepted by many, not all, and even loved by a few, if he does, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    he might just improve us!?
    The main issue with that is the question mark. He never improved Hibs, Bolton or his Cypriot club. Why would anyone think he could improve us? Besides, his behaviour in the past is not Aberdeen standard.

Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast