+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Looks like nobody wants the job so we'll probably end up with another numpty.
    Totally this, then again who in their right mind would come anywhere us at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I would imagine with the money Cormack spends on wages with his choice of manager i certainly wouldn’t be expecting much. I don’t want a current coach in our league set up and I don’t want a boring manager who plays turgid football trying to scrape a win. If we want to be better we need to splash the cash.
    Unfortunately the Aberdeen fc manager is not seen as a big opportunity outside of Scotland so even if we did splash the cash these top European managers would have no interest in coming here.

I’m sure there are managers in England and abroad who would jump at the chance to be our manager but the problem is the majority of them won’t be any good.

Football management should all be about following simple instructions, motivating your team & keeping their discipline.

It’s amazing how many people are shyte at it

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Football management should all be about following simple instructions, motivating your team & keeping their discipline.

That's because the vast majority are thick ex-footballers

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post

Lots are shyte at it, but even more players are shyte at being footballers.

Doesn't matter how good a manager is, if they players are shyte you're f*cked from the outset.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Lots are shyte at it, but even more players are shyte at being footballers.

Doesn't matter how good a manager is, if they players are shyte you're f*cked from the outset.
    Correct. All the amateur psychologists’ home-grown tadger-stream talk of extrinsic motivation by reward or punishment is just old man’s wânk.

If there’s non-existent intrinsic motivation, you’re starting two goals down. No fitba player worth a shirt thinks as he has the chance to contest a 50-50 with some brute in the opposition “there’s an extra grand in this for me”/“I could be subbed and dropped if I dinna contest this”. They’re competitors or they’re not.

Do you sheepy lot have a manager yet??

What about Beal ??

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Totally this, then again who in their right mind would come anywhere us at the moment.
    We're having a shyte season in the league, no hiding from that fact, but as a club we would still be an attractive job for many good or bad managers.

Regardless of our current league status, we are still a well run club which is more than can be said for many others.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    We're having a shyte season in the league, no hiding from that fact, but as a club we would still be an attractive job for many good or bad managers.

Regardless of our current league status, we are still a well run club which is more than can be said for many others.
    You said at the weekend you were concerned at how the club was being run make your mind up DeeDon

In all seriousness though it sounds as if the club is a shambles and we are being knocked back by numerous managers because they don’t want to work for Cormack and his fmb.

There will definitely be managers out there that would take the job but there’s probably a reason for that.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    You said at the weekend you were concerned at how the club was being run make your mind up DeeDon

In all seriousness though it sounds as if the club is a shambles and we are being knocked back by numerous managers because they don’t want to work for Cormack and his fmb.

There will definitely be managers out there that would take the job but there’s probably a reason for that.
    I know I did, but doesn't stop us being a well run club.

The first team is a bit of a joke at the moment, but the club overall is in decent enough shape.

At some point it'll click on the field for us and we can then troll Hearts forums about third place finishes and semi finals whilst still not knowing what regular relegation feels like.

Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast