+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Yep, Sky suggesting O’Neill sticking with N Ireland.
    Yup ,I expect we will be shocked,shattered , demoralised pre kick off with a media revelation of another manager turning us down for each of the remaining games. It's an add on to the usual "unsettle the team" pish they always come out with before a game

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    You like to hammer a point min.

Whose to say we haven't tried to speak to him?

You, like the rest of us, have no clue as to who we have been in contact with. I'm sure we have spoken to many managers or their representatives and I bet quite a few didn't even respond to the question.

We are a small club and outwith us fans nobody cares about us.

Regardless of our current position, I'm sure it would still be a struggle to attract a new manager with a decent pedigree.
    You sound like you have been worn down by our leadership at our club (and please don’t be offended by that). Quite a lot of the fans are very similar nowadays.
    I know myself we can be used as a stepping stone to a far bigger club but I don’t think we need to employ a manager who we all know will do next to nothing to change us. We need to think and act bigger. The demise of Aberdeen is down to the leadership and management at the club being negative. When the fans accept negativity it’s going to be a dreadful struggle to do anything.
    Currently the wrong type of people run Aberdeen FC. Not one single person with the mentality to improve us on the footballing side long term. Everything is ran as a quick fix (which ends up having a negative impact).
    People have big titles but absolutely no influence because they are not football people.

I agree that we won’t employ the right type of manager. The reason being we don’t have the right type of people making that decision.

what's wrong with Paul Dickov??

Quote Originally Posted by boringbas View Post
    what's wrong with Paul Dickov??
    No one can read his team notes…not even himself. That’s why he would struggle at Aberdeen as a hell of a lot of notes will be taken.

Ricardo Rodriguez?

Pep Guardiola has just been spotted coming out of Thain's the baker wi a bag o' hot rowies and a haggis pie!! ... you heard it here first!!

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Pep Guardiola has just been spotted coming out of Thain's the baker wi a bag o' hot rowies and a haggis pie!! ... you heard it here first!!
    Aye rumour has it that he’s partial to a rowie and bacon combo and for that reason the FMB have made him their number one target. Dave said he’s not influenced the decision.

It’s good to know that we can still attract a top manager due to having an array of bakeries at their disposal when their tastebuds need tested.
    I was going to suggest we remove the Alex Ferguson statue outside the concourse in front of the entrance to the Dick Donald and sign it up on a 1 year rolling contract and let it influence the players and even referee’s and see the improvement that it would make. Peter Leven can stay on as a coach as the Ferguson statue takes time to get adjusted to being planted in the technical area of the home dugout at Pittodrie.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    I find this far more believable than someone being seen in Greggs(at whatever location) as any discerning prospective manager would obviously be selecting these

Mainstandmoan posting on the hat just now.
    "ah well it looks like we may have news"
    Normally a reliable dude when he used to post on here

Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast