+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Mainstandmoan posting on the hat just now.
    "ah well it looks like we may have news"
    Normally a reliable dude when he used to post on here
    I’ll believe it when I see it. Don’t think anyone gets a scoop out there now and with this new manager debacle that is going on it is prevalent of that.
    Mainstandmoan was good on here though and some great information was passed on.
    Cormack has surrounded himself with a few new buffers now who will only give it information when he tells them to do it. Aberdeen FC doesn’t sound like a place that is fun to work at.

He also posted a 🇸🇪

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Mainstandmoan posting on the hat just now.
    "ah well it looks like we may have news"
    Normally a reliable dude when he used to post on here
    Mainstandmoan on here was concise, respectful and apart from imparting tidbits said very little else until he was called out for attention seeking in disclosing stuff and took the huff. His posts were rarely more than a handful of words.

The person signed up with that username on The Hat rambles, has a huge chip on his shoulder and comes across as a bit of a melt.

Could be he’s butt hurt about Cormack but think more likely it’s some one at it. Not convinced at all they are one and the same person.

So if you are genuine MSM - log in here under your old account and say it’s you posting on The Hat…

Steve Cooper been approached over the weekend after learning he *may* be interested. Fear that this will come to nothing and we’ll back to square one. Ambitious as it is, it may be a waste of time

Waiting for a new manager has been our high of the season. Appointing someone soon could be catastrophic to our challenger brand of football.

The P&J is reporting that the club may wait until the summer to appoint a new manager, with Jimmy Thelin still being targeted by the club.

Quote Originally Posted by swaddon2 View Post
    The P&J is reporting that the club may wait until the summer to appoint a new manager, with Jimmy Thelin still being targeted by the club.
    Is he really worth the wait? I don’t know that much about him but can’t say he has me optimistic either. What I find interesting is a talk by Neil Warnock saying we are more driven by data in our search for a new manager. I don’t believe Thelin is the best data driven boss we could have available. Data Dave maybe isn’t good at this either as a chairman.
    Personally I think our club are run by real wimps. Scared to make big decisions and scared to be ambitious. It’s a bad mix and it’s ultimately cost us progress.
    If a manager tells you that you need to wait months for him because he has a job to finish at his current club then he isn’t the correct person for the job. A determined and strong minded manager will grasp the opportunity to manage a bigger club and make it their soul focus and get everything in place as quickly as possible to give themselves the best chance of success. We don’t need people who dally around and are unsure about things…these people don’t make being a successful manager easy for themselves or the club they are joining (maybe).
    I wouldn’t mind doing the interview process myself for Aberdeen. It would be very easy to see who is going to improve things and who isn’t. No modern data technique would be necessary. It hasn’t served us well going by the previous appointments at the club.
    I would also get us a better DOF and CEO. I would do it all for a reasonable fee

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Is he really worth the wait? I don’t know that much about him but can’t say he has me optimistic either.
    Aye. That approach didnae exactly work oot to oor advantage in the past.

Name:  _46169034_mcghee_282.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  19.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by listener1903 View Post
    Aye. That approach didnae exactly work oot to oor advantage in the past.

Name:  _46169034_mcghee_282.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  19.1 KB

This Jimmy Thelin story appears to be finding a bit of traction through the press now.

Should be another press conference tomorrow with the game on Saturday coming up. No doubt this week, we will be very very close to an appointment.

Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast