+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

I'm fairly sure Warnock went because he clashed with Dave. Possibly due to the state of our squad and Dave didn't like the realities from a man, regardless of what you think of him, does know a little about managing a football club.

Lennon comes in and doesn't get the anticipated new manager bounce and he has to deal with very irate fans from the off, many of whom wouldn't have wanted him near the club. Add in the fact he doesn't cope well under pressure and it could get very messy.

If we are that desperate, get Willie Miller in as interim. Been out of the game for over thirty years (and canna run a chipper), but we just need someone to unite fans and players for a few games. Would he cope with the level of shyte on offer to play in our back four though.

I'm going back to 95, but there was a solidarity between fans and players in the last few games of that season, which I don't think has ever been repeated since.
    Last edited by TheDeeDon; 15-03-2024 at 11:45 AM.

This team and that team are apples and pears though, I think. Feels more like 2000, albeit with in theory a better quality of player. But quality counts for little to nothing in a relegation battle.

if it's not paul dickov then i'll eat my own sh1te

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    If we are that desperate, get Willie Miller in as interim. Been out of the game for over thirty years (and canna run a chipper), but we just need someone to unite fans and players for a few games. Would he cope with the level of shyte on offer to play in our back four though.
    Even if Willie Miller hadn’t been out of the game for over 30 years DeeDon I can’t see him getting a reaction out of the squad we have considering he’s been criticising them on the radio every week.

In this day and age I can’t see any manager coming in who will unite the fans as there is always going to be some people who don’t like the manager.If we are looking to get an interim manager in again to lift the players then how about someone like John Hughes?

I might be wrong but didn’t he keep Ross County up a few years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by jumpytime View Post
    if it's not paul dickov then i'll eat my own sh1te
    I don't think that should be the forfeit, I think you should have to cut your ain Dickov.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Even if Willie Miller hadn’t been out of the game for over 30 years DeeDon I can’t see him getting a reaction out of the squad we have considering he’s been criticising them on the radio every week.

In this day and age I can’t see any manager coming in who will unite the fans as there is always going to be some people who don’t like the manager.If we are looking to get an interim manager in again to lift the players then how about someone like John Hughes?

I might be wrong but didn’t he keep Ross County up a few years ago?
    That's why I put the chipper but in my post, as I do know folk that hold that against him (Miller).

I wouldn't advocate Yogi for a job at the club, but he has had some success as a manager and we sure as hell need somebody as unlikely a permanent appointment soon.

My reasoning is someone who knows the club and the predicament we are in and possibly get a reaction from the players.

A Miller/Hughes dream team and give Fotheringham a coaching role.

Problem solved. 😄

Paul suckmy should be a good one

I am sure I am going to get pelters but how about The Doc? He knows the club inside out and has done an amazing job with Dundee this season and I am sure a lot of the success we had under Deek was down to his work on the training pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    I am sure I am going to get pelters but how about The Doc? He knows the club inside out and has done an amazing job with Dundee this season and I am sure a lot of the success we had under Deek was down to his work on the training pitch.
    That’s a decent shout and I wouldn’t be against him getting the job after the summer if we can stay up. What we need is someone who can come in right now and get a tune from these players instantly. I think there’s a limited number of people who can/will be able to do that. I think someone out of work, knowledgeable about the league and our current situation and desperate to get back in might be the answer now. for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    I am sure I am going to get pelters but how about The Doc?
    Not a bad idea, only problem is he retired in 1988 and died in 2020.

Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast