+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

I suppose we are a bigger club than Bodo Glimt but I saw the Rejika manager in his press conference today said “I have absolutely no interest in Aberdeen. So there is a zero per cent I will be their manager. ”

That would be the same response as Knutsen would give I would suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I suppose we are a bigger club than Bodo Glimt but I saw the Rejika manager in his press conference today said “I have absolutely no interest in Aberdeen. So there is a zero per cent I will be their manager. ”

That would be the same response as Knutsen would give I would suspect.

You could be correct and that might be his response. Has he been sounded out though…has a real attempt to lure him to Aberdeen been put to him? I very much doubt it. We have a board full of football imbeciles. They don’t know the game and wouldn’t know a good manager from a bad manager unless a glaring stat was provided.

I hope they surprise us all and get someone who can get us as a top 100 club that Cormack wants. Employing further incumbents makes the task even more difficult than any previous attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    You could be correct and that might be his response. Has he been sounded out though…has a real attempt to lure him to Aberdeen been put to him? I very much doubt it. We have a board full of football imbeciles. They don’t know the game and wouldn’t know a good manager from a bad manager unless a glaring stat was provided.

I hope they surprise us all and get someone who can get us as a top 100 club that Cormack wants. Employing further incumbents makes the task even more difficult than any previous attempt.
    As it’s already been pointed out if he’s turned down Ajax would the board be wasting time going after him. We may as well phone up Zidane and see if he fancies it

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    As it’s already been pointed out if he’s turned down Ajax would the board be wasting time going after him. We may as well phone up Zidane and see if he fancies it
    Has he actually turned down Ajax? We desperately need to up our game on the management front. We can’t keep going the way we are. We really have no choice but to hire an accomplished manager. If we don’t, we will drift further away.
    Not having ambition is for losers…Aberdeen FC currently are riddled with losers…on and off the pitch. The club as a whole are a major laughing stock in Scottish football. I reckon it won’t be long before we do get relegated with the way we conduct ourselves. Aberdeen FC and the modern fan of the club has become real soft touches. Too many nice guys going about.
    No one there (at the club) with a real nasty streak and a winners mentality.

Has he actually turned down Ajax? We desperately need to up our game on the management front. We can’t keep going the way we are. We really have no choice but to hire an accomplished manager. If we don’t, we will drift further away.
    Not having ambition is for losers…Aberdeen FC currently are riddled with losers…on and off the pitch. The club as a whole are a major laughing stock in Scottish football. I reckon it won’t be long before we do get relegated with the way we conduct ourselves. Aberdeen FC and the modern fan of the club has become real soft touches. Too many nice guys going about.
    No one there (at the club) with a real nasty streak and a winners mentality.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport...knutsen-break/

According to the above they were in negotiations. Think we have to be realistic about who we can attract. Also what would the attraction to managing in Scotland for a foreigner. Has anyone went from up here to a bigger league out with Rodgers and Gerard and even then how long did Gerard last at villa. Mcinnes wasn’t even thought off when he was up here in his first few years he had sunderland in league 2 chasing him. They also have the added bonus of Scottish pundits ridiculing their foreign ways when our technically deficient players can’t even make simple passes.

I’m not trying to have a go at red John or any other fan when I say this but it’s a bit delusional thinking we can attract the European managers that are being suggested.

Apart from Aberdeen fans no one cares that we won the cup winners cup 41 years ago, they see us as a diddy Scottish team who has won 1 trophy since 2000.

We would have to be a club who win things on a regular basis and even get close to challenging the cheeks to the league before these managers would think of it as a good job to take on.

Thanks for the article about Knutsen. In reality a deal can be done then…we just need to offer a better deal than he has at Bodø/Glimt regarding percentages for sale of players etc. It will be worth it as I am certain he is the type of manager we need. I also believe he could source us the type of player we need.
    Bodo/Glimt are a small club who nowadays are led by a remarkable manager. Quite similar in a way Aberdeen were under the leadership of Alex Ferguson.
    If the club are genuinely wanting a good shake up and have a real top class manager who can structure a playing style and bring it a bit success then Kjetil Knutsen is the man we should have went out our way to capture. I don’t think the initial outlay would be massive at all….there really is no excuse other than having a lack of ambition to pull this type of capture off.
    Adi Hutter was another I suggested before he ended up at Monaco. These type of managers will change things. I don’t think anyone up at Aberdeen could handle that type of change…that is why we employ the people we do.

Thanks for the article about Knutsen. In reality a deal can be done then…we just need to offer a better deal than he has at Bodø/Glimt regarding percentages for sale of players etc. It will be worth it as I am certain he is the type of manager we need. I also believe he could source us the type of player we need.
    Bodo/Glimt are a small club who nowadays are led by a remarkable manager. Quite similar in a way Aberdeen were under the leadership of Alex Ferguson.
    If the club are genuinely wanting a good shake up and have a real top class manager who can structure a playing style and bring it a bit success then Kjetil Knutsen is the man we should have went out our way to capture. I don’t think the initial outlay would be massive at all….there really is no excuse other than having a lack of ambition to pull this type of capture off.
    Adi Hutter was another I suggested before he ended up at Monaco. These type of managers will change things. I don’t think anyone up at Aberdeen could handle that type of change…that is why we employ the people we do.
    You like to hammer a point min.

Whose to say we haven't tried to speak to him?

You, like the rest of us, have no clue as to who we have been in contact with. I'm sure we have spoken to many managers or their representatives and I bet quite a few didn't even respond to the question.

We are a small club and outwith us fans nobody cares about us.

Regardless of our current position, I'm sure it would still be a struggle to attract a new manager with a decent pedigree.

Sounds like O’Neill was the manager Burrows was going on about in his interview last week and he’s decided to stay with Northern Ireland.

Let’s hope we don’t lose today because it will be full panic stations from the fmb and they will end up appointing Lennon.

Yep, Sky suggesting O’Neill sticking with N Ireland.

Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast