+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

Quote Originally Posted by KincorthDon View Post
    One outlet saying he is coming but staying with Elfsborg until June 1st?
    Also says other members of their set up is leaving also? Technical Director?
    FMB maybe🤣
    Why is he staying with Elfsborg until the 1st of June?

The club should be telling him he needs to start right away or tell him to feck off.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Aye, that's the point Ah wis makin' .. ie. The improvement they made to our defensive efforts was arguably mair attributable tae Jimbo than Robbo.
    Not for me.

Upgrading Stewart obviously made a difference but I think it was as much Robson telling Pollock and McDonald to clear ball up pitch rather than passing it about the back line that made a difference.

Or maybe I’m just unwilling to give Goodwin any credit.

Ironically it was this tactic, the helter skelter rushing the ball forward, aka his ‘fast transition’ ideology that did for Robson.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles9 View Post
    Not for me.

Upgrading Stewart obviously made a difference but I think it was as much Robson telling Pollock and McDonald to clear ball up pitch rather than passing it about the back line that made a difference.

Or maybe I’m just unwilling to give Goodwin any credit.

Ironically it was this tactic, the helter skelter rushing the ball forward, aka his ‘fast transition’ ideology that did for Robson.
    The return of Shinnie in midfield alongside Ramadani gave us a more solid spine in the team too and undoubtedly helped our defence. Ramadani has been a huge miss this season for a player easily replaced.

Scales was also a big part of our back three and was a bad bit of business not stumping up the cash for him.
    Some of the shyte written about Scales was well over the top.

The removal of Stewart as Captain and from the team cannot be underestimated either.

He was awful and not saying that with the benefit of hindsight.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    The return of Shinnie in midfield alongside Ramadani gave us a more solid spine in the team too and undoubtedly helped our defence. Ramadani has been a huge miss this season for a player easily replaced.

Scales was also a big part of our back three and was a bad bit of business not stumping up the cash for him.
    Some of the shyte written about Scales was well over the top.

The removal of Stewart as Captain and from the team cannot be underestimated either.

He was awful and not saying that with the benefit of hindsight.
    Agree on all of those comments - McRorie’s drive and energy too has been a miss as was the tenacity and composure of young Lewis before him - losing those half-dozen was very significant!

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Agree on all of those comments - McRorie’s drive and energy too has been a miss as was the tenacity and composure of young Lewis before him - losing those half-dozen was very significant!
    Indeed he is a miss. I wasn't a huge fan of his, but we clearly miss him.

It's a huge job job Thelin has in front of him (assuming he is taking the job). Quite a rebuild for the guy and not going to happen in one window. I know nothing about him, but he has progressed the clubs he has been at frpm the little I have read about him.

Will he get the ever important time he needs to get the players in and his ideas across and working?

That is the bit that worries me most, but on the plus side it doesn't take much of a turnaround in our league to stay in the top half or even third place.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    I know nothing about him, but he has progressed the clubs he has been at frpm the little I have read about him.
    This is a good read and if he gets anywhere near his current win percentage in the next couple of years, it would be great (compared to where we have been recently).

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/he...alysis-tactics

If he does take the job, he will be the fifth Jimmy or Jim to take the top job in world football.

Ach well we have had some neeps as manager so i guess its about time we tried a swede

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Ach well we have had some neeps as manager so i guess its about time we tried a swede
    Yes, a turnip for the books, eh?

New suggested songs to tune of ABBAs "Voulez Vouz"

"Foo's Yer Doos, ah-hah" etc

(I'll get me own coat)

Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast