+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Because you said you didn’t want anyone on that list
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're attempting to be funny.

In all seriousness though, do you have a couple names from that list you'd take and why?

Must be loads of managers out there crying out for a 6 month steady the ship contract.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkTheMakk View Post
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're attempting to be funny.

In all seriousness though, do you have a couple names from that list you'd take and why?
    I would happily take Alex Neil,McInnes or Lennon from that list because they would have us winning games on a regular basis.

I would say if I had to choose out of the three then Alex Neil would be the best choice.

I'd be OK with Alex Neill TBH. A few fails on his CV but he's done well at some decent sized clubs.
    Actually got a tune out of the basket-case "sleeping giant" that is Sunderland.

Colin W@nker would be a good shout, especially since we don’t keep managers more than a year anyway these days.

Colin is a hun

Hmmm ... pretty poor o' AFC nae tae bother replyin' tae Warnock re. his application, but ... ffs .... he loves Rangers!! ... so he can f*ck off.

I'd like to see Alex Neil come in too - think he'd do fine but I seriously doubt he'd come - plenty of Championship teams willing to take punts on managers like him and you only have to wait a month or two in that league for a job to come up. Steve Clarke was in a very similar position before he came up to Killie

Lennon - nope - he did fine when he had the biggest budget and infrastructure in the league but struggled at all his other jobs and seems on a downwards trajectory

Either we go for a young manager who knows the league and plays good football with his current team so we know what we'll look like (this is where I was surprised with Goodwin's appointment - St Mirren weren't exactly playing beautiful football, or even very good football) or you get an experienced head from abroad who has a history of doing well in a similar league i.e. northern europe and no fear of the filth

The recruitment department seems to do more work now rather than depending on Russ Richardsons little black book so I would like to think a non-Scottish manager coming in will be simply telling them what type of player he needs rather than who - on that note we're also looking for a head of recruitment/ scouting aren't we? Two important appointments to get right

Going against the grain here but I’d like us to appoint a foreign manager who has decent track record and knowledge of different markets to the English diddy leagues we always dip into.
    Worked well for the victims and no reason we shouldn’t try the same.
    I have no clue with regards to names but must be some good coaches abroad who could improve our players and unearth some gems.

Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast