+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: January Transfers

January Transfers

All been a bit quiet apart from the young right back from Red Star whose name I can’t spell. I’m guessing a lot is down to FFP (which I still don’t fully understand) so we have to sell before we can buy. The problem I have is I’ve lost track of players we still own that need to go. I think we still own Coutinho and Sanson but knowing us we still own Hause. McCormack, Richards and Djemba Djemba! Regardless, I think we have quite a bit of deadwood. Have I missed any?

Chambers & Traore are said to be surplus to requirements, glad we have signed a highly rated full-back and we could see Digne leave in the summer.

I don't profess to understand FFP either Picasso but suffice to say we need to grow our annual turnover and to do so requires a bigger stadium capacity. The Adidas kits and casual/training wear will be popular I'm sure but overall that's chicken feed.

So, Rogers in for 8m over 5 years (5.5 years but amortisation is now 5 years max). + 7m add ons, if we win a Trophy, he plays for England or scores 100 million goals.

Out? The usual suspects.

We need to fk Fanatics off, take back control of our merchandise.

The way 'fking-Heck' is going, it'll cost 20 quid to just drive past Villa Park next season.

I can 't see any confirmation on the Villa or premier league websites... but all media down under is reporting Aussie Keeper Joe Gauci has signed with Villa for an undisclosed fee and will join team mates once Australia's Asian Cup campaign ends, which we lost 2-1 to Son's South Korea Overnight.

I hate clubs grabbing young keepers.. because there's only one position they can play, and i feel that injury aside we never get to see the full potential of younger keepers..

Background on the 1.94m for A-league players has arguably been the best keeper in the competition for the past 3 years.. he has 3 U23 caps and 2 for the Aussie mens team.

Bosnich Mach 2 .... I wish

thanks

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)