+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Player ratings v Barrow

Player ratings v Barrow

Thought I'd have a go at kicking this off. A little bit uninspiring today and lacked the vision, quality and nous to open up Barrow.

Stone -7 Didn't actually do much wrong today and stopped a goal scoring chance.
    Brindley - 5.5 Started well but tapered off and never shows enough attacking intent.
    Baldwin 7- Pick of the defenders and no silly mistakes.Marshalled the defence well.
    Cameron. 6 - Ok , but nothing special, no captain in my opinion as doesn't really really the team or inspire.
    Nemane - 7.0 - Much better game today and yet another goal. Beat his man a few times too.
    Jones - 8 Far and away best player in pitch. Beat his man every time , was hacked down cynically and they had to double up on him. Yet another assist.
    Crowley - 6.5 Showed some neat touches but not really upto his usual attacking prowess.
    Robertson. - 6.5 A much better performance. Battled well but just didn't do enough going forward. Did try to create space though.
    Bostock - 5.5 Awful first half and gave away the goal. Lots of missed passes or cheap easy passes. Better second half in breaking up play.
    Didzy - 5 Very poor today, just nothing came off for him. Lots of poor passing, miscommunication and offered little threat upfront.
    Langstaff - 6 Pretty anonymous most of game but in fairness had little service. Missed his one opportunity, which he should have brought down then shot.
    Subs - only 1 and really didn't make any difference to team.
    Manager - 6 should have showed more courage and put in the new lad. Should have made more subs to change the game. However much more tight and organised at the back. Hopefully now sees what we lack.

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    Thought I'd have a go at kicking this off. A little bit uninspiring today and lacked the vision, quality and nous to open up Barrow.

Brindley - 5.5 Started well but tapered off and never shows enough attacking intent.
    Baldwin 7- Pick of the defenders and no silly mistakes.Marshalled the defence well.
    Cameron. 6 - Ok , but nothing special, no captain in my opinion as doesn't really really the team or inspire.
    Nemane - 7.0 - Much better game today and yet another goal. Beat his man a few times too.
    Jones - 8 Far and away best player in pitch. Beat his man every time , was hacked down cynically and they had to double up on him. Yet another assist.
    Crowley - 6.5 Showed some neat touches but not really upto his usual attacking prowess.
    Robertson. - 6.5 A much better performance. Battled well but just didn't do enough going forward. Did try to create space though.
    Bostock - 5.5 Awful first half and gave away the goal. Lots of missed passes or cheap easy passes. Better second half in breaking up play.
    Didzy - 5 Very poor today, just nothing came off for him. Lots of poor passing, miscommunication and offered little threat upfront.
    Langstaff - 6 Pretty anonymous most of game but in fairness had little service. Missed his one opportunity, which he should have brought down then shot.
    Manager - 6 should have showed more courage and put in the new lad. Should have made more subs to change the game. However much more tight and organised at the back. Hopefully now sees what we lack.
    Good ratings. I think Brindley did OK today, so perhaps a 6 (that doesn't mean he's the answer to that position)
    And Robo and Bos equal IMO, both a 6? Agree on Didzy.
    As for the subs, we just didn't have a game-changing bench. I think SM made the only sub I wanted him to make.

My focus is on what Scott Robertson can do for us defensively, because that's where our issues have been and where the personnel additions need to change something. We've already got plenty of players who can pose an attacking threat. I thought Scott did alright today, closing people down, winning a few more headers and tackles, and playing quick, simple passes, keeping the ball moving.

We might need Robertson and Jim O'Brien in the engine room next week, getting stuck in, otherwise we could get rolled over. A few too many of our players, as gifted as they are on the ball, don't fancy a tackle and don't close down enough.

Yep. We saw the same things and I’d agree with all of those.

Agree with most of the original ratings/comments, but a touch low for Baldwin and Cameron for me. Thought Baldwin was pretty faultless today and saved a certain goal with a brilliant challenge early in the 2nd half, as well as producing a great block from a goal bound shot in the first. Cameron was solid too.

As a team we looked much more defensively sound second half and were well on top, but couldn’t break down a stubborn (and pretty horrible) Barrow side, the only two times I can remember us doing so Langstaff missed a chance he’d usually bury and Jones was brutally hacked down for the most blatant red you’ll ever see.

A draw was probably the fair scoreline though as they created far more first half, our goal was completely against the run of play.

Stone - 7 - Excellent today, brilliant double save early on when they were raining chances first half. Little to do second half.

Brindley - 5 - Now officially has scapegoat status as our fans clamour for a player they’ve never seen play, but didn’t do his case any good today and was repeatedly targeted.

Baldwin - 8* - As above. Doesn’t get the credit he deserves.

Cameron - 7 - Solid, won a number of key headers as well as supporting Jones going forward down the left.

Nemane - 7 - Thought he did pretty well, got to the byline a few times and scored again.

Bostock - 5 - Below his usual standards and at fault for the goal conceded.

Robertson - 6 - Too safe on the ball for most of the first half but grew into it and got better as it wore on. Battled well but needs to give us more on the ball.

Jones - 8 - Simply on another level. Get tight and he beats his man, stand off him and he’ll deliver an outstanding cross from a standing start. Yet another assist. Surely will have plenty of interest so hopefully we can keep hold of him.

Crowley - 7 - Influential first half and comfortably the best of the front three today.

McGoldrick - 5.5 - Below his usual standards, flicks weren’t coming off. Improved a little second half.

Langstaff - 6 - Playing his ‘old’ role on the last man, didn’t really get any service then missed the one chance he had late on.

Austin - 5 - Usual energy but not really involved, doesn’t work in the deeper midfield role.

Stone - 7 - He made a ***** one on one save at one nil down. Thought he was decent today.

Baldwin - 7 - Got forward well and defended well. No complaints.

Baldwin - 8 - Thought we was class today and got a fantastic block in.

Brindley - 6 - Started poor but got better and I actually saw him dribble it past the halfway line on one occasion.

Nemane - 8 - Thought he was great today. Good goal. Still got his detractors on YouTube but don't know what he has to do. People expect him to dribble round everyone all the time.

Jones - 9 - Different level.

Bostock - 6 - We need him and he's ***** to us with Palmer out but I don't know, seems to be to take the backwards option too much and slows play alot. Maybe just be though expecting too much.

Robertson - 7 - Thought he put his foot in well.

Crowley - 7 - Thought he played ok today. Lacking that killer ball but still kept it well and linked up with Nemane.

Didzy - 6 - Tried really hard but not his day today.

Macca - 7 - Hard to judge as didn't have much. Not sure he could have done better to finish in second half but maybe.

Notts - 7 - Started slowly but grew into the game. Second half were the better team but too pedestrian. Need to pass the ball quicker. Still a solid start for the new man.

He's never been captain material, today he was having a go at the ref when he should have been having ago at our players. A few weeks ago after a really bad defensive display by all the back line he said he only worried about his own performance and keeps it to himself, huh!! I think he's a decent defender but struggles with the responsibilty of the captaincy that obviously affects his game.

A pretty accurate concensus of ratings.
    Like others have said Macca didn't get much service stuck in the middle and it would have been better for him and the team to drop deeper at times .
    Maybe early days , as the new gaffer acclimatises , perhaps adopting a safety first philosophy but a little disappointed with only one substitution.

Thought Barrow came with a plan not to play but to cause disruption and it worked.

They put 2 banks of 5 across whenever we had the ball abd no amount of passing along the halfway line or half turns was going to break-through. At times we needed a ball over the top or a wing/midfield through ball to keep the defence guessing or hesitant to push up.

Quote Originally Posted by rorylee View Post
    Thought Barrow came with a plan not to play but to cause disruption and it worked.

They put 2 banks of 5 across whenever we had the ball abd no amount of passing along the halfway line or half turns was going to break-through. At times we needed a ball over the top or a wing/midfield through ball to keep the defence guessing or hesitant to push up.
    Stop talking sense or you'll annoy the "SHURRUP YER DON'T KNOW WHAT YER TALKING ABOUT" brigade.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast